SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sherrygirl5

P and Q daylilies 2021

sherrygirl zone5 N il
3 years ago
last modified: 3 years ago

Post yourP and Q daylilies today.

Quote of the day: “ Sometimes I pretend to be normal, but it gets boring. So I go back to being me.”

Pizza Crust was in the top three for high bud count last season.

Pandora‘s Box, yes I still have this. It’s the first eyed daylily I bought.

Peach Pizzazz has been a bit slow to establish, but I had it in a poor spot, had its first season in its new spot last summer.

Peanuts Surprise was added last spring and had a few blooms.

Purple Maze is a recent addition, a lovely early season bloomer.

Purple Paw Print won the bud count and rebloomed in 2019. It did well last season but not the spectacular performance of the previous year.

Quasar Cutie had its first blooms last season. I think I’m going to like this one.

Sherry

Comments (37)

• organic_kitten
    3 years ago

I like your quote Sherry. Probbly applies to at least several of us. Quasar Cutie is really appealing. I also like Peanut Pizzazz as it is very striking. Since Purple Paw Print was our bloom quess it is a winner. I have quite a few "P" daylilies.

Pink Gingham

Possession of Obsession

Pink Tarantula

:

more in comments

kay

sherrygirl zone5 N il thanked organic_kitten
  • organic_kitten
    3 years ago

Philistine Champion

Purple Honey Creeper

Photon Torpedo: this was lost in weeds, so this is the 1st year in new site

Primal Scream:

kay

• Related Discussions

Those PLEASING "P" & "Q" daylilies

Q

Comments (36)
    Pat Garrity may have a low bud count in our garden, but the color is so good it will stay. I wish Peppermint Pinwheel looked like this all the time. Usually the thrips get to it. Perfectly Peachy Pie was photographed in Georgia last summer. We loved the glowing color. Picture in a Picture was just planted here. I hope it is hardy. Pikes Peak was photographed on our trip south last May. Pineapple Bites was newly planted last spring and did not disappoint. Pinewood Light in the Darkness is shorter than we like but has quite a nice edge. Pixie Paint Brush is a cute small-flowered one. Playing with Sharks has been one of our favorite toothy ones. It is a good bloomer and quite hardy. Pomegranate Lemon Aide is an interesting bitone. I have a few more that I will post when I can. Nancy
    ...See More

X, Y and Z daylilies 2021

Q

Comments (11)
    Probably because it's such an in your face gold/yellow, I've always been drawn to Yellow Monkey. Also Sherry your ZuZu's Treasure looks wonderful. I like the color, form, and even the texture of the petals. Good one Debra............Nan: While you're helping us out with the alphabet, how about some E's, K's and Q's too. I like your Yauhanna Lake. Never heard of it before. Need to look it up. Of course because I AM a yellow fan, Yuma looks especially perky in your garden.........................David: Good to see what Yada Yada looks like in the garden. Judy Daviddson has a number of later yellows to choose from..............Maryl
    ...See More

P and Q daylilies 2022

Q

Comments (20)
    Sherry, your Pizza Crust is always so impressive. I have it and it does not give me that kind of explosion. I rarely photograph it. Debra, Picasso's Intrigue is stunning in that photo. And you got a good shot of Private Reserve-it is so hard to get that kind of no splotch picture. Pink Lemonade Party is such a pretty pink. Brad, I agree that seedling is a "look at me" kind of plant! I still have Priscilla's Rainbow because it is such a good plant and it really is a looker in a clump. David, Proper Stranger is pretty and at that size probably really stands out. I like Passing Fancy as well. Nan, Papa's Goose looks good in your photo. I have debated that one but have not yet convinced myself I really need it! Still enjoying everyone's posts when I can!! So nice to see them on these dreary winter days!!! Kate
    ...See More

Your best P and Q daylilies 2023

Q

Comments (25)
    I'm late to the party but wanted to share mine (of which some have already been shown): PRINCESS SYNDROME, healthy & hardy, fertile both ways PLANET CLAIRE, I don't grow many yellows but this one is my favorite. Lots of blooms, nice presentation and a husky plant. Apparently I didn't take it's photo this year but Mantis' photo portrays it nicely. PINK BRAID, always blooms it's heart out. Flowers are always perfect on a hardy, carefree plant PINK PRINCESS SLIPPERS, tall, with large blooms and lots of them. The staggered look of the blooms is only because the plant is in a terraced garden PINHILL TALL GODDESS, lives up to it's name. PLUMCAKE PATTY, agree with Mantis on this one. It's excellent!
    ...See More
  • organic_kitten
    3 years ago

Purple Tarantula: Moved a couple years ago; Not doing a lot yet:

kay

• shive
    3 years ago

Sherry - Quasar Cutie is beautiful! I like the letter P because it has so many pink ones here.

Pink Aloha

Princess Diary

Pink Extraordinaire

Promises Kept

Queen of Narnia

Purple Passion's Promise with The Blues Project photobombing on the right.

Picasso's Intrigue

Pink Lemonade Party

Purify My Heart

Purple Peace

Debra

sherrygirl zone5 N il thanked shive
  • sherrygirl zone5 N il
    Original Author
    3 years ago

Kay, I love Pink Gingham, such a delicate beauty.

Debra, Pink Extraordinare and Promises Kept really caught my eye today. Like you I love the pinks, these two are exceptional to me. I like Pink Aloha too, not sure it would do well here.

Sherry

• Nancy 6b
    3 years ago

My favs so far are Sherry's Quasar Cutie, Kay's Purple Tarantula, and Debra's Pink Aloha and Pink Extraordinaire! Will post my Ps a little later

sherrygirl zone5 N il thanked Nancy 6b
  • organic_kitten
    3 years ago

Debra, Your Pink Aloha is beautiful, that is a nice clump of Purple Passion's Promise.

kay

• jrb451
    3 years ago

Penny Lane

sherrygirl zone5 N il thanked jrb451
  • hoosier_nan (IN z5b/6a)
    3 years ago

Well, I pressed my luck and lost my post so trying again.

There are lots of daylilies I like that have been posted so far, specifically, Quasar Cutie, Purple Tarantula, Pink Aloha.

I don't have any new pictures of Q's so here are my P's.

We love the intensity of color in Pat Garrity's eye.

Peas and Thank You is a small flower. It's not my favorite and may leave soon.

Perfect Pose is one of just a few full-formed dips in the garden. The rest are uf's.

Piece of the Action was purchases because it is a bicolor.

More to come . . .

sherrygirl zone5 N il thanked hoosier_nan (IN z5b/6a)
  • pamghatten
    3 years ago

Quite a few P's here, so I'll do a couple of posts ..

Patricia Snider Memorial

Pirate Rudolph

Platypus Pam

sherrygirl zone5 N il thanked pamghatten
  • pamghatten
    3 years ago

Primal Scream

Propeller Beanie

sherrygirl zone5 N il thanked pamghatten
  • daylilybedmaker
    3 years ago

Here are the daylilies that I grow that fit in this category:

PUER AND SIMPLE: I love this early bloomer.

PURPLE STARFISH: Much better performance year three in the garden. It was on its way out if it did not perform well.

PURPLE MANY FACES: I thought that I had removed this from the garden, but I missed a fan. It is staying put. Blooms are different everyday and each bloom is different than the others on the same day.

POLLY ESTER: Great name for a great plant. It is an early bloomer.

PICOTEE DREAM: An older Benz that frosts out to a white with a fine pink edge.

PRIMAL SCREAM: It certainly is.

Continued

David

sherrygirl zone5 N il thanked daylilybedmaker
  • organic_kitten
    3 years ago

Nancy, you have a bevy of beauties as usual. Prism Dragon really stands out. Princess of Alexandria s a really neat one. Pamghatten, I really like Pirate Rudolph. Dolly Polly Ester is a nice one. Like the color; Does it poly frequently? And where is Mantis? jbr451, Penny Lane is a beautiful clump.

kay

• mantis__oh
    3 years ago

I can see why Pineapple Bites is a favorite.

Purple Cheetah

Please Say Yes --sometimes a bit splotchy, but usually clear color

Plumcake Patty

Passion's Promise

Palace Garden Beauty --not large, but has done well the last few years

Party Pants

Purple Tarantula can throw some very nice flowers.

Paradise Bar and Grill

Pink Tranquility --an old cultivar that was looking good after a mild winter (unlike this one).

Papaya Gumdrop

Pink Panther Paws

Paco Bell --intense color but flowers just at foliage height

PHilistine Champion --takes a while to establish (and recently divided)

Painted Demon

Pink Aloha --can throw some beautiful flowers but scapes are rather short and flowers sometimes funky.

Pink Yoga Pants

Patagonian Sunset

sherrygirl zone5 N il thanked mantis__oh
  • daylilybedmaker
    3 years ago

Here are some more Ps

PINK STRIPES: Blooms for a long period of time and increases well.

Planet Max: An outstanding purple UFO that holds up in the sun.

Plato's Puzzle: Nice patterned throat.

PROPER STRANGER: I love this flat faced daylily.

PARTY PINAFORE: Beautiful blooms, but not well budded and slow to increase.

PICKING TIME: A Bud Bennett intro. Rapid increaser.

PINEAPPLE BITES: A fantastic grower and a beautiful glowing orange.

PRAIRIE PINK LACE: never hangs up. pod and pollen fertile. i have spread it everywhere.

PRAIRIE PINK LACE

That's it for me,

David

sherrygirl zone5 N il thanked daylilybedmaker
  • Laura twixanddud - SE MI - 5b
    3 years ago

Wow, so many lovely Ps! Here are some of mine, will probably need to do a couple of sets.

Pacific Mariner - new last spring

Panic In Detroit

Paradise Bar and Grill

Patricia Snider Memorial

Paul Aucoin

Picotee Prism - new last summer

Pigment Of Imagination

Pink Panther Paws - new fall of 2019

Pink Thunderbird - in a hard spot to photograph

Planet Claire

Will post more later

sherrygirl zone5 N il thanked Laura twixanddud - SE MI - 5b
  • Brad KY 6b
    3 years ago

Here's mine. I may not be posting again for a few days, depending on how energetic I feel, as I am having sinus surgery. Time to do something drastic as my sinus infections continue to increase in frequency.

Paige's Pinata extra short this year because it was moved.

Past Forgetting. An amazing increaser therefore tons of blooms.

Pastures of Pleasure

The old reliable Prairie Blue Eyes

Peacock Maiden

Pinhill Claret Symphony

more to follow...

sherrygirl zone5 N il thanked Brad KY 6b
  • Brad KY 6b
    3 years ago

Pink Lantis is a reliable bloomer.

Pony.

Primal Scream

Priscilla's Rainbow. It has a great multi-shade eye that the photos don't really capture.

Prismatic. Gives a great show yearly.

Purple Riot. A great late with a huge bud count every year. Unfortunately very slow to increase.

No Q's.

Brad

sherrygirl zone5 N il thanked Brad KY 6b
    3 years ago

Not too many more, so here they are...

Point Of Divergence

Polynesian Voyager was the last one to start blooming last summer. Here's two pics

Power Made Perfect FFOE - new last summer, this is the only pic I took unfortunately!

Power Of Prayer - new last spring

Primal Scream

Purify My Heart

Purple Satellite

3 years ago

Brad, hope your surgery goes well and that you get the results you're hoping for. Best wishes for a speedy recovery!

• organic_kitten
    3 years ago

Mantis, So many pretty ones it will be hard to choose, but Paradise Bar and Grill is really pretty; how does it increase for you? I like Painted Demon and Patagonian Sunset is really appealing. Laura, as usual you have some really pretty ones: I like the ones, that are bright and showy and Panic In Detroit is surely one of those That is a gorgeous snap of Primal Scream. David, Picking Time is really pretty and a rapid increaser is always good. Pineapple Bites is a beauty since I love oranges. Brad, Your Peacock Maiden is always appealing and Prismatic is a good one.

kay

• peren.all Zone 5a Ontario Canada
    3 years ago

Great quote. Quasar Cutie and Peanuts Sunrise really stand out Sherry.

Kay such a nice clump of Pink Gingham.

Debra Pink Extraordinaire & Promises Kept are favorites today.

jrb what a great looking clump of Penny Lane.

Nancy I can see why Pineapple Bites would rank high for you.

Pam Patricia Snider Memorial & Platypus Pam are lovely.

David Polly Ester & Proper Stranger are wonderful.

Laura Pigment Of Imagination is a real stand out.

Brad I hope the surgery ends your sinus issues. I am sure it has been painful and frustrating. Peacock Maiden & Priscilla's Rainbow are my favorites today but Past Forgetting looks like a great white.

I did not get a pic of Pardon Me this year.

Pandora's Box is never as white/cream as most.

Penny's Worth is such a great little performer here that I have it in two spots.

Pink Stripes

sherrygirl zone5 N il thanked peren.all Zone 5a Ontario Canada
  • shive
    3 years ago

Hoosier Nan - Puffer Fish is so attractive. I know it's disappointing when you can't get pods on one. Does it have weak pollen too?

Everyone - I'm enjoying your photos. Among the many that caught my eye were Purple Satellite, Paradise Bar and Grill, Prairie Pink Lace, Patagonian Sunset, Princess of Alexandria, Penny Lane and Purple Honey Creeper.

Brad - Best wishes on your sinus surgery!

Debra

• organic_kitten
    3 years ago

Pam, love that Pin Strips...does it have that orange cast? So pretty!

kay

• peren.all Zone 5a Ontario Canada
    3 years ago

Apologies mantis, Purple Tarantula is terrific and Papaya Gumdrop is an interesting one. That is a very nice clump of Patagonian Sunset. So many beauties!

sherrygirl zone5 N il thanked peren.all Zone 5a Ontario Canada
  • Nancy 6b
    3 years ago

Well, guess I got carried away 1st try and posted too many pictures at once, trying again

Palace Garden Beauty

Pandora's Treasure

Party Pinafore does very well for me, starts blooming with the mid season plants and finishes up when the late bloomers finish. Seems to be a bud builder most years. I did move it a couple of years ago, accidentally leaving a couple of fans in the original spot, and they seem to like the old home better.

Parrots of the Caribbean

Pawprints on my Heart

Pigment of Imagination

Pink Cotton Candy

Pink Enchilada

Pleasing to the Eye

Prelude to Panopoly

Brad, hope your surgery works well for you! Love your photo of Prismatic, hope it does well for me!

JRB, that is a beautiful clump of Penny Lane

Nancy, I love Puffer Fish, a shame it does not set seed, that is a beauty!

Pam, Pirate Rudolph caught my eye immediately, I also like Platypus Pam

David, Polyester is a lovely color, I don't often go for the yellows, although I do prefer the soft yellows. I also like Picotee Dream

Mantis, I had Passion's Promise and loved the flowers but it did not like it here apparently and disappeared sadly. Your Purple Tarantula and Pantasonian Sunset are beautiful

Laura, love Pink Panther Claws and Power Made Perfect

Peren, that is a great photo of Pink Stripes. I have considered that one, but have not decided whether I like streaks that well. Those clumps of Penny's Worth are fantastic

• Maryl (Okla. Zone 7a)
    3 years ago

Boy, I miss a day and the P's explode.

In no order:

Mantis: Papaya Gum Drop is new to me. Hope to see more of it this summer. I think my favorite though is Patagonian Sunset. Nice color, good shot of plant.

Laura: Pacific Mariner shows promise.

Brad: I always like your Paige's Pinata. It and Smokey Mountain Autumn are two of my favorites of yours. Good luck on the surgery. How long do they predict for recovery?

JRB451 (is there a name we can call you by other then code?) Penny Lane looks fantastic in your clump shot. Good one. I hope to see more.

Nan: Princess of Alexandria is glowing. Love it.

Kay: Pink Tarantula is an eye catcher in a clump

Debra: All your pinks of course. Special thumbs up on your picture of Pink Extraordineire (that's a long word).

David: Polly Ester. Big LOL and an interesting greenish color. Prairie Pink Lace is new to me and I really like it.

Pam: Patricia Snider Memorial takes such good photos. Nice one.

SHERRY: I've always liked your pictures of Pizza Crust. I doubt if the color would hold here, but for you it struts its stuff. AND Pandora's Box. I've had her for decades and in the ground too - not my usual pots. I think she spoiled me on eyed daylilies. Every time I see one I think of Pandora's Box and she's done so well for me why add more...........

I hope I haven't missed anyone. So many good ones, but I've got to finish dinner now so need to run.................Maryl

sherrygirl zone5 N il thanked Maryl (Okla. Zone 7a)
  • hoosier_nan (IN z5b/6a)
    3 years ago

Brad, I hope surgery goes well and you are feeling better soon.

Debra, in my experience Puffer Fish's pollen is not very powerful. We just haven't gotten many seeds from it as pollen parent. I don't use it much now, but in the past I used it a lot.

Lots of nice daylilies pictured here. I especailly like Patricia Snider Memorial, Parrots of the Caribbean and Passion's Promise.

Nancy

sherrygirl zone5 N il thanked hoosier_nan (IN z5b/6a)
    3 years ago

Oops! Forgot one, it was after some general group shots I had labeled as Purple.

Here is Put-In Bay, two pictures.

And here is one of the Purples photos I mentioned from, July 2016. I really should try to do some more of these this year.

• shive
    3 years ago

Nancy - I like the looks of Party Pinafore, and I'm glad it does well for you.

Laura - I love your photos of Put-In-Bay! That's one I thought about adding in the past.

Debra

• Maryl (Okla. Zone 7a)
    3 years ago

Nancy: I seemed to have missed yours and just wanted to comment on a couple. When Pirates of the Caribbean first came out I longed for it so much. I thought it was one of the fanciest, prettiest ones I'd ever seen. Your picture is wonderful of it. And speaking of pictures, your Pigment Of Imagination picture is one reason that, against good advice, I've got a friend growing it on for me over winter in a milder climate, so hopefully I can add it this spring. So far it's not growing all that rapidly even for her. That grayed color you posted of it is so different. Reminds me of a Tropical Hibiscus I once grew. Really hope to see it in person one day............Laura: Just like Debra, I too thought about Put In Bay many years ago. It's very nice indeed.............Maryl

sherrygirl zone5 N il thanked Maryl (Okla. Zone 7a)
  • Nancy 6b
    3 years ago

Maryl, I am sorry to hear that POI is not doing as well. It has multiplied quite well here, and has bloomed quite well. It seems very vigorous here, I can't remember if this was the 2nd or 3rd year I have had it. I had to move a smaller plant near it. That is one reason it will be staying here, and it was my husband's favorite daylily. He was not as enamored of daylilies as me, but he liked seeing the stages that it goes thru.

• signet_gw(6b)
    3 years ago

Doesn't look like I am going to get all my images labelled before you folks are done the alphabet so I will just continue to post the few I have sorted . I didn't realize how many pinks I have in the gardens . Will have to keep that in mind when I order this year and choose some other colors.

sherrygirl zone5 N il thanked signet_gw(6b)
  • signet_gw(6b)
    3 years ago

Some others

\

• signet_gw(6b)
    3 years ago

• signet_gw(6b)
    3 years ago

and finally

I hope to catch up and then come back to comment on the other lovelies everyone has posted .