SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ml368008

Suggestions for furniture for blank slate living room

ml368008
3 years ago
last modified: 3 years ago

Recently purchased our house and looking for all new furniture for the living room (couch, coffee table, end tables, maybe a side table, rug, and some lamps).

House was built in the early 80's, located in the South, on a wooded lot.

The tall walls will be painted this weekend, the wall under the stairs and the wall with the bookcase have already been painted, Cargo Pants by Sherwin Williams.

The floors will be sanded and stained a more neutral color at a later date.

Still coming up with a plan for the fireplace, the tile around the hearth will not be staying.

The floorpan is not to scale but hopefully is helpful on layout. Would like to leave a walkway along the bookshelf wall and by the stairs so the pink area is where we plan to place furniture.

Leaning towards this couch in dark brown, or something along that style. Unsure what to pick for everything else. Everything in our old house was black, white, and grey which I like but doesn't suit this house and is not my husband's style.

Previous living room furniture was all hand-me-downs so I'm not sure what I like for styles. Something simple but not too contemporary? Our dining room is a parsons style table and I like how simple that is. My husband would like a blue leather chair, something along these lines but I'm not crazy about mcm. I guess I would say I lean towards transitional style but most photos I find are very light and bright which is not our house.

Photos of the house below, appreciate any insight and suggestions.

Comments (4)