What the heck's goin' on?
5 years ago
last modified: 5 years ago
Featured Answer
Sort by:Oldest
Comments (64)
- 5 years ago
- 5 years ago
Related Discussions
Goin' rock hunting
Comments (4)Nora, you can find all kinds of places in the Sherpa guide. Sheffields is the one that is shown on the Travel Channel. We went to Dahlonega it has some places and it's a nice little mountain town. Gold was discovered there and they have a little museum on the town square.. We took the cousins to another place that a friend told us about but I can't remember the name. I've never been to Sheffields Most of the mines have people who go in and bring out buckets of dirt for you. They have places for you to sit and look through the dirt. We found some Rubies and Garnets. If you've never done this before you'll have fun. Some folks are really into it and have the rock tumblers and everything. There is a world class museum ( The Weinman Rock and Mineral Museum) just south of here if you are interested in that sort of thing. It is wonderful. Google it and some of the places in North Georgia and in and around Franklin NC. I can't believe it has been so long since we were in Kentucky. What a trip that turned out to be. It was the first time I had met anyone from the GP in person. It was such fun....See MoreI'm goin' in! (the clothes closet) Tips & pep talk welcome...
Comments (27)Good going, Celtic!!! Don't you feel so much better? My closet is one of the few areas that I have always been perfectly organized. To the point that my daughters make fun of me! I am not a slave to fashion --- and now -- I buy 75% of my clothes at GoodWill. But I do look good and have a good wardrobe -- not perfect -- but good. I have two rules when buying clothes -- Can I wear it with 3 other things that I already have? And does it fit into my "color" scheme? My basics are black -- black skirt- black dress -- black pants-- black blazer. I don't wear suits much -- I'm really a blue jean type of girl so those are all seperates but one suit would work. Then I add two black sweaters -- one crew --one cardigan. Then I add shirts -- a couple of white ones for starters. Then I add my color -- for me its red in the winter and pink in the summer. A little yellow and blue to break it up. I love jackets -- so I pair neat blazers with jeans and few shirts and the variety is there. When I shop at GW -- I never buy anything that I could afford to buy new. So I usually watch for better lines. Talbots -- Pendleton -- Nordstoms -- Jones of New York. I watch for fiber content -- I love silk and cashmere so those are key. And I look for things that I can "fix" --- change the buttons -- add some trim. And I really go in with a list -- I need a blue shirt. So I look for a blue shirt -- I may glance around for something else but knowing what you need -- helps eliminate buying mistakes. You don't buy a "green" shirt just because it was on sale. Good job! Keep it up! Cath...See MoreHand-washing single-bowl converts, How's it goin' for ya?
Comments (14)We're pre-reno so we handwash everything right now with a small single-bowl sink, but I imagine our system will stay roughly the same with the new bigger sink and d/w (except less washing, yay!) - Dirty dishes on counter to left of sink; drainer to right, and always out. I really don't mind having a dish drainer out---they make some teeny tiny fold-up ones now!---but with a bigger sink it would be easy enough to put it in there, too. - Sponge and brushes on little plastic tray-thingy sitting behind sink (but likely switching to an in-sink solution once we have a bigger sink---lots of handy ones out there). - To wash dishes, we wet a sponge and add a little soap; wash dish; place in bottom of sink and repeat until there are enough clean soapy dishes in sink to rinse. Rinse and put in drying rack. For a lot of dishes (dinner party, etc.) it's basically the same process, but with someone drying or with a towel laid out on clean counter to add extra drying space. Main disadvantage: Dirty dishes pile up on counter if no one's washed recently. (We tend to wash either just after dinner or before breakfast, so if we miss a day we end up with extra dishes.) Dishwasher and a bigger sink would probably solve this, though. Also recently saw a wall-mounted dish drainer from IKEA at some friends' home. Very awesome---just folds up flat against the wall when it's not in use. I'm going to explore this as a solution post-reno (although you would still need an area of counter underneath it that could take some drips)....See MoreWhat's goin on with my avocado?
Comments (1)Could be sunburn. Try it in partial shade. Small trees in avocado groves receive shade from adult trees until they are stronger. Avocados are heavy feeders. They love a lot of water, but hate to sit in standing water, so be sure your soil is well drained. I wouldn't wait till the soil is dry between watering. Keep it damp but not soggy....See More- 5 years ago
- 5 years ago
- 5 years ago
- 5 years ago
- 5 years agolast modified: 5 years ago
- 5 years agolast modified: 5 years ago
- 5 years agolast modified: 5 years ago
- 5 years agolast modified: 5 years ago
- 5 years ago
- 5 years ago
- 5 years agolast modified: 5 years ago
- 5 years ago
- 5 years ago
- 5 years ago
- 5 years ago
- 5 years ago
- 5 years ago
- 5 years ago
- 5 years ago
- 5 years agolast modified: 5 years ago
- 5 years ago
- 5 years ago
- 5 years ago
- 5 years ago
- 5 years ago
- 5 years agolast modified: 5 years ago
- 5 years ago
- 5 years ago
- 5 years ago
- 5 years ago
- 5 years ago
- 5 years ago
- 5 years ago
- 5 years ago
- 5 years agolast modified: 5 years ago
- 5 years ago
- 5 years ago
- 5 years agolast modified: 5 years ago
- 5 years ago
- 5 years ago
- 5 years ago
- 5 years ago
- 5 years ago
- 5 years ago
- 5 years ago
Related Stories

LIFEYou Said It: ‘Yikes, Tough Crowd’ and Other Quotes of the Week
Some of our favorite quotes this week came straight from the Comments section. See the stories and have your own say
Full Story
FEEL-GOOD HOMEThe Pros and Cons of Making Your Bed Every Day
Houzz readers around the world share their preferences, while sleep and housekeeping experts weigh in with advice
Full Story


joyfulguy