SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dianna_burkholder

garage to master suite conversion

Dianna B
3 years ago

I would love some help from the brilliant minds here.

We have a contract on a lovely little home with a lot of potential. We are wanting to convert the 1 car garage, and the awkward room behind it, into a master suite.

The garage/room together are 34x14. As you can see in the floor plan, though, we plan to switch the garage door out to a carriage door, and keep that a 5x14 storage space, leaving 29x14 in actual master suite space.

Our budget is not unlimited, so we want to do this in an efficient manner. There are a couple of interesting things going on: the back room actually has a random shower-in-a-closet. We obv won't keep it, but my husband thinks that makes it the best bathroom candidate, due to plumbing. There is also a tiny half bath adjacent to this room. (in the Florida room, what?!) I would prefer to actually have the master bedroom towards the back, though, so we can have french doors that open to the backyard. Unless there is some clever way to add that to a bathroom. Anyways, I'm attaching existing and the two ideas we have for floor plans. My french doors in the bedroom floor plan is not complete, because I got a bit stuck.

One of the challenges we have is figuring out where to put the washer/dryer and water heater. There is nowhere else in the house that they will fit, so we are kind of stuck with them fitting in some where in here.

French Door, bed in back plan:

existing;

Comments (8)