SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
need2seegreen

space-cadet question re Tapla cutting technique

Hello, people!!!

So, I'd been looking off and on for a while, trying to find a post in which Al had used those little clear brown prescription medicine bottles to start cuttings.

I wanted to know if they needed a drain hole. I think I found the post (a bit difficult bc the relevant photos have been disappeared by Houzz). Anyhow it's this one: https://www.houzz.com/discussions/1477124/how-to-root-a-ficus-cutting#n=36 There is a reference to the use of the bottles in the comment which is about 10th from the bottom.

As an aside, in typical fashion, now that I read it again, I see that I remembered it wrong - the bottles weren't being used for new cuttings at all, but for cuttings which had already rooted. I don't see though if that should make a difference.

Anyhow, it would be great to hear from Al, but maybe someone else remembers - for a new cutting, do you have to put a hole in the little bottle? The attraction is that with these bottles, I could see the roots. I have found that trying to do what Al does usually works out well. I would love to get a good cuttings routine down. Right now, I tend to scramble around a bit. We have a bunch of old bottles.

Thank you in advance to all with input.

Comments (19)