SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_959906988

Bathroom remodel on a budget

Trisha K
3 years ago

I moved into my house about a year ago. We have a long list of items that need updating, one of which is our master bathroom. However, I had some other items I wanted to take care of first. Unfortunately, we’ve had some issues with the master shower that’s now causing us to bump this renovation up to the top of the list. I don’t have the budget to do the bathroom the way I would have liked to, but I don’t want to pour money into temporary fixes that will eventually need replacing down the road. My idea is to replace the shower (new tile and a frameless shower door?), keep the jacuzzi tub but re-tile around it, and possibly change the tile on the floor. The previous owners painted over black wallpaper, so that also has to be addressed. We’ll need to have the wallpaper removed and walls re-painted. I’m struggling with finding a tile/pattern that isn’t “too modern” and I’m also struggling with what to put on the floor. Does anyone have a tile they love and would recommend in this space? I will probably paint the walls a color similar to Revere Pewter. Also part of my dilemma is the mirrors. Although I know they date the bathroom, I had small mirrors in my other house and hated them. Not sure if there’s a way to “update” these mirrors without removing them, especially since they have some type of weird mirrored molding around them. I’m feeling a little (well, a lot) overwhelmed, so I’d love to hear any advice!

Comments (2)