SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mstinamichelle

An ideas on a good way to maybe change up the floor plan.

Tina S
3 years ago

This house was my hubby's grandparents house. We've used it as a rental for many years, but we've had it for over a year now un rented. It really needs a lot of work done. I'm wanting to renovate or remodel it. Its 1,301 sq feet. It has 3 bedrooms, one full bath, and one 3/4 bath. A big living room w/a fake fireplace with a big glass mirror over the top. The kitchen is literally a stove on one side w/base and upper cabinets and the other side is the sink with uppers and base cabinets. Then the room next to it has the fridge, a window, a built in cabinet and a doorway into the 3rd bedroom. The room on the back side of it is the laundry hook ups, I believe a hot water tank, and the back door. The third bedroom has a side door, 3/4 bath and an open closet. I am not sure which wall in the back is load bearing, but we think its the one between the bedroom and kitchen. I do have some ideas on what we might could do, but Im not sure if its the best layout or if any lay out would make this better. Btw, the bathroom in between the bedrooms had been decided and has a plan for it.

I'm thinking of tearing out the walls that house the kitchen, the middle wall and the wall w/the built in cabinets. This will open it all up to the back door. The closet in bedroom 2 will be moved to the other side of bedroom 1 closet that way we can open that entire wall up (this is one area Im not sure of). The kitchen will be a galley kitchen. Once you get closer to the back door area, the washer/dryer and hw tank can be on the left wall. Maybe a 1/2 wall w/an entry to that area and a sliding barn door. We could move the door to the bedroom where the bedroom 2 closet used to be. That way more cabinets can be had. The dining table will go on the end of the living room near the kitchen. Its a really big living room. The 3/4 bathroom need to be gutted and redone. We could take some of the closet space for that or maybe swap the closet and bathroom. The wall that holds the bathroom door is literally right on top of the window.

So what do you guys think of this plan? I tried to draw the rooms, but its a little sketchy. This is how the house is now. I did the best I could with only a drawing pad.

Comments (6)