SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
emm0119

Tips on gas/electric connection locations for GE dual fuel ranges?

emm0119
3 years ago
last modified: 3 years ago

For anyone with experience installing a GE dual fuel range or otherwise familiar with the back of one, can you shed any insight on the really specific locations GE recommends for the house gas and electric connections? They are the same for both the Profile and the 30” Cafe, from what I’ve seen, which is why I didn’t make the title more specific. We were pretty decided on the profile dual fuel, but I was checking the installation guide and they want the gas on the left and the electric on the right, with neither in the middle or within 3” of the cabinets to either side. Meanwhile, our connections are spaced so that, from left to right, it’s

1) L base cabinet

2) 10” space

3) 6” wide electric box on the wall with the long dimension parallel to and basically against the floor (like the GE diagram picture, but wrong location)

4) roughly 9” space

5) gas pipe, coming from wall right above the floor, with the elbow sitting out about 3” from the wall and the female end of the valve ending about 5” from the floor

6) 4” of space

7) R lower cabinet

So, what is the back of these GE ranges like? Is GE being overly conservative or is there definitely an obstacle on the back that our hookups won’t place nice with? For comparison with a different brand, I pulled up instructions for a random 30” LG dual fuel, and their spacing is much more generous.

Comment (1)