SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
matteddy

Anyone Have Experience with Forno Gas/Dual Fuel Ranges?

matteddy
3 years ago

Hi -- after an exhaustive research deep dive into every pro-style 36" range on the planet, exactly TWO seem to fit our exact needs: the Monogram and the Forno Capriasca. (Our needs are: dual fuel, six equal burners, no touch screens or other fancy tech, big oven.)

The Monogram is priced towards the high end for the class. And while it's a reputable brand, there are lots of quality complaints on sites like this one. It seems to be a step below brands like Wolf or BlueStar (which are great but don't have equal burners -- an OCD pet peeve of mine).

The Forno is about half the price -- $3.5K or so. From what I can gather, they're a Canadian company that manufactures in China. The specs are nearly identical to the Monogram's (the burners are actually a little hotter). Obviously the quality will be lower. But I'm wondering: how much lower? Are they just total pieces of sh** that will constantly break? Or are they fairly robust? Is their customer/warranty service good? Are they easy to source parts for and repair? Does anyone know anything about the company? Their website seems decent, but are they really reputable? How do their stoves actually perform?

Fornos seem to be sold everywhere -- including Lowe's and the Home Despot -- but I can't find any reviews or customer feedback.

If anyone has actual experience with the brand, your insights would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks! Happy cooking, everyone.

Comments (186)