SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
maccha714

Greige or White paint selection

Maccha
3 years ago
last modified: 3 years ago

Hi, I need an advice on choosing the wall paint color for Greige or White...

The trend seems to go with much lighter white and I would love to eventually achieve white light glam home decor, but we still have very red laminate floor (for another few years) and I looked into Red/Purple undertone greige/white. We finally want to tackle to unite wall colors from Front Entry, Front piano formal living room, formal dining room (Facing South-west) to kitchen and family living room (North-East facing with lots of green on the hill reflecting green). Our house is one story and kinda open concept. We are also considering light to full kitchen remodel very soon with white or cream kitchen cabinet color, but I will create different discussion for that.

Current colors:

Front Entry and Piano living room: DE6143 Almond Latte

Dining room: Benjamin Moore 2055-10 Teal (We may keep it or change to paneled or wainscoting wall with new greige/white wall color painted)

Family living room & Kitchen: DE6129 Rustic Taupe Eggshell with Ceiling DE6128 Sand Dune Flat

Painted colors on the wall from the left on entry way:

SW 7626 Zurich White (LRV 76)

SW 6071 Popular Gray (LRV 61)

SW 6070 Heron Plume (LRV 75)

SW 6072 Versatile Gray (LRV 48)

SW 6073 Perfect Greige (LRV 42)

SW 7628 Windfresh White (LRV 69)

My current picks:

Front: SW Popular Gray (LRV 61), but it looks silverish on the Entry wall, it looks beautiful in Formal piano living room. Also it looks darker into the hall way. Should I change to SW Windfresh White?

Family: SW Windfresh White (LRV 69)

Question 1: From all the colors I picked, I chose 2 colors and I would like to know your opinion on Front (South-west) and Family (North-east) room with different lightings.

Question 2: Also, what would be the good white ceiling color that I do not need to change every time I change the wall paint color. I believe currently, we have Dunn Edwards Swiss Coffee for ceiling, trim and door and hoping that will work, then we just need to repaint the family living room which is Dunn Edwards Sand Dune flat.

Question 3: What kind of window treatment I should consider...? I am not decor savvy...

In advance, Thank you so much for your time and help!

Comments (17)