SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
amylou321

Floof! Name that dog!

amylou321
3 years ago

MY DOG that is. We are getting a puppy in March! He was born on January 6th and I am so excited. We have not had a exclusively indoor dog since my dear Sammy died in 2017. There is a specific breed that SO has wanted for awhile, and my sister had some friends who breed them. So when they announced that a litter was forthcoming, I pounced. He is a Bull Mastiff and will be around 130-150 pounds when fully grown. He is brindle colored with a tiny white dot on his nose. We are going back and forth with names. Here is the last conversation we had:

Him: Leo

Me: Leo is a cat name.

Him: I am a Leo.

Me: My sister has a cat named Leo, and I cannot have any pet with a duplicate name. Anyway, the puppy is a Capricorn, like ME.

Him: Ok, we'll name him Corn.

Me: We are not naming him Corn!

Him: What about Cornbread?

Me:

Him: What?!?!?!?

Me: Cornbread? Really?

Him: YOU named MUFFIN!!!!!

Me: Well, Muffin is a good name. Its dainty and feminine, like her.

Him: You're talking about the dog that just spent an hour bathing yesterday because she was rolling around in the mud right?

Me: Spa day.

Him: Uh-huh. Well Google some names then. We have plenty of time to decide anyway.

Me: OK

Him: I still like Cornbread.

Me: I'll make you a pan of it. I do not want to be yelling "COOOOOOOORNBREEEEEEAD" out the door when I want him back inside.

Him: Whatever.

Me: WHATEVER!!!!

So, I am asking for suggestions. What would YOU name this big ole behemoth if he was yours?

Comments (99)

Sponsored
MAC Design + Build
Average rating: 4.3 out of 5 stars18 Reviews
Loudon County Full-Service Design/Build Firm & Kitchen Remodeler