What is the difference between.....

Ont_Gal

An Inst-Pot pressure cooker and an Air Fryer?

I received the pressure cooker for Christmas....was hoping for an air fryer, but I definitely shouldn't look a gift horse in the mouth.

Anyone with any experience with the pressure cooker? (box says-Inst-Pot Duo pressure cooker)

SaveComment5Like
Comments (5)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
maifleur03

Air Fryer is a convection oven by another name. Inst-Pot depending on which level and brand is more versatile. Boasted chicken is actually cooked in a pressure cooker.

1 Like Save     Thanked by Ont_Gal
pudgeder

An air fryer is basically a little convection oven that "fries" with little or no oil.

An insta-pot is a pressure cooker.

Elizabeth

An Instant Pot pressure cooks, slow cooks or sautes.

joann_fl

I have both and I used them for different things. The air fryer makes the best French fries and any potato item. That's its main use for me. The instant pot makes great yogurts mac & cheese and most anything you would use a pressure cooker for. I still use my slow cooker also.

Rusty

I have both, I use my air fryer almost daily, the Instant Pot, not very often. But I'm cooking just for myself, and that's my way of cooking. The air fryer gets used as a toaster oven, as well as for 'frying'. The Instant Pot can do anything from slow cook to pressure cook, but it doesn't 'fry', although you can sauté in it. I've used it for spareribs and sauerkraut, chicken cacciatore and giblets and rice. My son swears by his for cooking brown rice, I tried it, but have better luck doing rice (brown and other kinds) in the microwave. I also use the IP to quickly cook a good sized batch of chicken quarters to bone and freeze in individual serving size packages. Very handy to have on hand for a sandwich, salad, whatever, when I don't feel like cooking.

Read the owner's manual, you may find lots of good ideas that will work well with your style of cooking.

Rusty

Browse Gardening and Landscaping Stories on Houzz See all Stories
Decorating Guides Staging vs. Decorating: What's the Difference?
Unlike decorating, staging your home isn't about personal style — it's about creating ambiance and appeal for buyers
Full Story
Remodeling Guides Carrara vs. Calacatta Marble: What Is the Difference?
The answer is in the color and veining of these popular Italian marbles
Full Story