SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jawancole

Not sure what to do with large window in shower remodel? Help!

Jawan Ayer-Cole
3 years ago
last modified: 3 years ago

I am remodeling an out dated master bath. It is a large bath with a garden style whirlpool. I think that is what you call it. It is about 60 inches by 60 inches. I want to rip that out and put the shower where that whirlpool is and put a new 60 30 inch whirlpool where current shower is. I dont use whirlpool but husband does so this in not negotiable. I have worked with both a contractor and designer but still not sure what to do. I am trying to decide between the design that gives me a large too person shower and a cheaper redesign that would update materials but not give me anything really new- same small shower with new more reasonable tub. I have the room to do a lot but I have 4 windows that limit layout and the biggest problem with my favorite layout with a 60 inch by 60 double shower head shower- is the large window that I cant seem to get out of my shower. I live on second floor and window is above pool cage so cant get rid of it. My designer suggested making it smaller inside but leaving the outside the same. Husband did not agree with this and though tempted I do not either. Will post pictures.

Comments (16)