SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ms222_gw

What do I do with this Large Space? Need Decorating Help

ms222
12 years ago

So I just moved into a new place. Anyways, when you walk into my house, immediately in front of you is a small hallway that leads to the kitchen area and family room. However when you walk in if you take a left its a large 25 foot x 11.8" space, and then wrapped around the corner is the area for the dining room. Since I have a family room where the couch and tv will be, what do I do in this space?

I will be repainting the walls (drywalling that disgusting wall right next to the front door) and molding and getting and new white front glass door, I am trying to make this place contemporary/modern. The floors are marble saturnia. I have attached the pic of the 25x12 space thats when you walk in and take a left, and then a pic with the dining room area so that you can see the flow. What type of furniture do I put in the 25x12 area when I walk in? I have no clue what to do with that room Be aware that alongside the wall there is a lot of window space. The first 2 pictures are of the area I need help with, the third pic is the dining room area just to show the wrap around.

Last pic here is dining room

Comments (16)