SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
donnatrus

feedback on kitchen layout for MIL’s house post-fire

donnatrus
3 years ago

Hello! I’m helping my mother in law design her kitchen for her re-build after her house was completely destroyed by a wildfire. Yep, we’re in CA. We have a location and general layout at this point which probably can’t change but some things we can. She’s a stubborn lady.. but respects my inputs and at least considers them. She’s building a modest size house but has amazing views of the Pacific. I’d love to help her get the best layout she can. Of course we went yesterday and her contractor wants final decisions ASAP (she’s been sitting on this not knowing what to do). Thanks for any input or suggestions today if possible! If not, no worries.

Some info: kitchen is in a corner with amazing views on 2 sides. She wants the cooktop/stove on the island so she can watch the sunset while cooking. And will get one with built in exhaust. (30”) She wants seating on 2 sides of the island so I’ve included an overhang (at least 14”). Each square is 1/2’ (so 2 squares = 1ft). Space is roughly 12x12 (141x143”). We’re planning for 38” min clearance sink to island and 42” on fridge side. She’s planning a counter depth fridge.

Thank you!! Here’s a layout and photos.

Comments (14)