At what point do you just throw out stored items in your garage??
5 years ago
last modified: 5 years ago
Featured Answer
Sort by:Oldest
Comments (45)
- 5 years ago
- 5 years agolast modified: 5 years ago
Related Discussions
Your system -- where do you store your supplies?
Comments (4)Hi --I know what you mean. I just bought some sturdy plastic shelves about 6' high and store everything on there--The key is going through at least once a year and organizing everything. I keep small items like epsom salts, etc. in glass jars with lids and everthing else in clear plastic containers so i can see what's in it. You can find these at any big box store. The key is being able to look up at the shelves and see everything without diggin in it. I also stapled chicken wire to the ceiling of my garage out of the walkways and use this to hang stuff with S hooks I bought at the hardware store, or just bent clothes hanger wire will work. Good luck....See MoreWhat do you store your potting mix in?
Comments (5)Agree with Ron. Keep them covered to avoid contamination. I usually mix when I need it, so I can sort of customize it to the plant. Also it will be smaller batch, so I can add warm or hot water and mix by hand to avoid getting it too soggy and rotting my cuttings. Mix in water just until nice and damp, but no water can be squeezed out. This is used in a humidity chamber situation. For under mist, I use straight sand for most plants. I may be changing over to coarse composted pine bark soil conditioner directly in pots for roses....See MoreWhat do you store in your pedestals?
Comments (19)A few good suggestions here. Just bought a pedestal for my new combo . What to put in it..hmmm I agree the drawer down low is far better than a cupboard or the front loader door being low. My first front loader after a lifetime of top loaders. Why a front loader?? Well mostly because they can wash and dry in one and do so very energy efficiently. But also because they use much less water and therefore less detergent too. Underneath I'll probably put some liquid detergent and softener. Excellent idea guys for the microfiber cloths ..I'll do that. Toilet rolls...hmmmm okay. I have a wall cabinet above the wall taps at head height so I'll lighten the load on that a bit. I wonder if anyone here knows the harm they cause the front loaders by using powders at a temperature below 60 degrees. I've seen how it clogs the condensation tubes and the dryer heater chamber. These machines are also high efficiency which means they use even less water than a normal front loader. This means they use even less detergent than a front loader. I've just started using ba front loader and I'm learning....too. I've II've 've MMM...See MoreWhat do you store in your laundry/mud/utility room?
Comments (13)My laundry room is only that; it's not a mud room or utility room. I have lots of shelves - hub built most of them and installed them. There are huge hooks he installed for me to hang clothes on (I hang and fold clothes as I'm taking them out of the dryer). He also installed a nice rod/shelf above the dryer so that I can hang or lay things there to air dry. Other than machines, hooks on the wall, and shelves, I have lots of laundry detergent, a jug of vinegar, a huge jug of fabric softener (one lasts more than a year), a box of OxiClean and Color Catchers for when I combine colors in a load (I don't do that often, but I have a thing about only washing full loads). And a tall kitchen size trash can which seems to stay full - I haven't figured that out yet. Mine is very utilitarian, but it works for me and is in a very handy location....See More- 5 years ago
- 5 years agolast modified: 5 years ago
- 5 years ago
- 5 years ago
- 5 years agolast modified: 5 years ago
- 5 years ago
- 5 years ago
- 5 years agolast modified: 5 years ago
- 5 years ago
- 5 years ago
- 5 years ago
- 5 years agolast modified: 5 years ago
- 5 years agolast modified: 5 years ago
- 5 years ago
- 5 years ago
- 5 years ago
- 5 years ago
- 5 years ago
- 5 years ago
- 5 years agolast modified: 5 years ago
- 5 years ago
- 5 years ago
- 5 years ago
- 5 years ago
- 5 years ago
- 5 years agolast modified: 5 years ago
- 5 years ago
- 5 years ago
- 5 years ago
- 5 years ago
- 5 years ago
- 5 years ago
- 5 years ago
- 5 years ago
- 5 years ago
- 5 years ago
- 5 years ago
- 5 years ago
- 5 years ago
- 5 years ago
- 5 years ago
- 5 years ago
Related Stories

MORE ROOMSJunk-Storing Garage Becomes a Cabana Getaway
See how a family short on space swapped storage for a steam shower, a wet bar and room to play
Full Story
ORGANIZINGHow to Do a Serious Garage Clean-Out
Downsizing or decluttering? This guide can help ease the pain of paring back
Full Story
DOWNSIZINGSimplifying: What Items in Your Kitchen Are Just Taking Up Space?
Here are some of the cooking tools, small appliances and dishware you may not need
Full Story
OUTBUILDINGSRoom of the Day: A Converted Garage Grooves Out in California
A designer converts part of her backyard garage into a guest suite that mixes function and fun
Full Story
EVENTSDon't Throw Away Another Household Item Before Reading This
Repair Cafe events around the world enlist savvy volunteers to fix broken lamps, bicycles, electronics, small appliances, clothing and more
Full Story
ECLECTIC HOMESHouzz Tour: Perfection Just Out of Reach in an Eclectic Colonial
Design objects, antique finds and hand-me-downs mingle in this designing couple’s inviting — and ever-evolving — Massachusetts home
Full Story
HOUZZ TOURSMy Houzz: Converted Garage Tackled in Remodel
The sports court lost out to a hot tub and a firepit, but the real triumph in this Texas home may just be the stunning garage conversion
Full Story
MORE ROOMS5 Dream Garage Spaces
Need motivation to clean out your garage? Check out these stunning spaces
Full Story
GARAGE CONVERSIONS9 Garage Conversions Fit New Uses Into Old Spaces
These creatively redesigned spaces offer room to work from home, work out or hang out
Full Story
MORE ROOMS6 Garage Organizing Tips That Really Work
National Clean Out the Garage Day: Here's how to clear the clutter and organize what's left
Full Story
User