SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_559462763

Is it bad that my new couch is almost exact same color as my carpet?

M L
3 years ago

Hello!

I purchased a new couch last week. It's going to take a while to be delivered, so I have time to cancel it or change the color if I want. It's the most comfiest couch ever. However, a few days after I purchased it, I realized that it is almost an EXACT match to my carpet and now I'm so sad because I'm scared it's going to look funny. What do you think?

I also just bought the white entertainment center a few weeks ago (I love the look of white built in shelves with a fireplace, so I guess I was trying to replicate that).. and now i'm also questioning if white was a good idea with the beige carpet and now my beige couch. Will everything just look bland and blend in?? I tried to decorate the shelves with some wood to warm it up a bit (need to get more lights and stuff for the bottom shelves) and do plan on getting a round wood coffee table. Hoping that this will help warm it up a bit.

I had been planning on getting an area rug anyways and was kinda thinking of going colorful, I sorta like the idea of it being a colorful, bright, playful room for the kids. The carpet i'm thinking of matches the vases on the white shelf. But maybe I should get a dark grey rug or something to provide more contrast?

Below are pics of the couch from their website, pics I took at the store with sample of my carpet, pics of my basement, and pics of the area rug and coffee table i'm thinking of getting. Please let me know what you think. I have serious analysis paralysis when it comes to decorating, I get a bit obsessive it drives me nuts. P.S the furniture is arranged in the same shape as the couch to try and give me an idea of what it will feel like and the green tape is the actual measurements of the couch.

Sorry for such a long post!

Thank you!!!

Comments (4)