What are you wearing right now?

Lars

I'm wearing a T-shirt and cotton shorts that have an elastic waistband. These shorts are not meant to be worn in public, I think, although I will go into the front yard while wearing them. They are sort of like pajama bottoms. On a rare cold day, I would wear similar pants that are long instead of short.

I am also wearing Crocs, which is what I wear on my feet when at home. Again, if it were a rare cold day, I might wear socks with them.

I don't change clothes for anyone who happens to come to the house to work on it. Exterminators will be here on Saturday.

SaveComment79Like
Comments (79)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Jasdip

Turtleneck, yoga pants, socks and slippers. I'm stir-frying some peppers and onions and have pizza dough rising so I have an apron on as well.

2 Likes Save     Thanked by Lars
vgkg Z-7 Va

It's best to hang up on calls like that....

...but since this isn't a phone call...

I just came back inside from trimming fruit trees and still wearing my old blue jeans and flannel shirt....my everyday wear.

14 Likes Save     Thanked by Lars
functionthenlook

I had to run to the post office earlier. Tennis shoes, corduroy pants and a sweatshirt.

Save     Thanked by Lars
satine100

robe and pajama pants.

Save     Thanked by Lars
nickel_kg

LOL vgkg about phone calls!

Went to buy milk at the creamery this morning so I'm still "dressed up": light blue plaid flannel shirt, bright red Canadian Tire tshirt, jeans somewhat faded, white socks, and maroon house slippers.

Save     Thanked by Lars
gardengal48 (PNW Z8/9)

It's pouring down rain, barely much past 9:30 and I have nothing important scheduled today........I am still in my jammies :-) And have no plans to change that any time soon!

3 Likes Save     Thanked by Lars
stacey_mb

Wearing sweatpants, a short-sleeved top under a fleece sweater, socks and slippers. I'm always cold!

Save     Thanked by Lars
amylou321

My work clothes. Black pants and dark purple top. I am cranky that I couldn't find a decent pink one this morning. I usually wear my pink to lift my mood when I have to work a day shift.

When at home I usually wear pajama pants and a tank top or a long sleep shirt if its cold. I do change if people come to do work at the house. I dont know why.

I never wear regular clothes like jeans to hang around the house. I will change into my yoga pants and a tshirt to work in my garden.

I must be comfortable. I have way more pajama pants than normal pants,as they wear out faster since i wear them so much more often.

Save     Thanked by Lars
always1stepbehind

Jeggings, a white t shirt with an oatmeal colored sweater with brown ugg boots. I admittedly do go out in stuff I shouldn't..LOL. junky sweats, no shower, hair wrapped in top my head.

Save     Thanked by Lars
nicole___

Black tights with the little criss-cross ankle side panel. Long corn-flower blue T-shirt, that hangs below the black fleece hoodie. Sheepskin slippers.

I'm going out in a minute. I'll throw on a pair of black riding boots, below knee long black sweater & an infinity scarf.

Save     Thanked by Lars
morz8

I'm sharing gardengal's pouring down rain. And, still in my jammies and oldest robe. I have nicer robes, even one warmer robe, and I still reach for 'old faithful' even though I should retire it. DH is hinting he'd like me to join him for a Costco trip, so I really should put that last load of clothes in the dryer and dress.

Save     Thanked by Lars
tvq1

A pair of really comfortable & very old jeans and a fair-isle print thermal t-shirt.

Save     Thanked by Lars
LoneJack Zn 6a, KC

Jeans, sweatshirt, and Sketchers...same clothes as yesterday and even Saturday. I started the dishwasher this morning before I thought about taking a shower so I had to wait. I had a morning full of online meetings but now I am done with meetings for the day and heading to take a shower and then put on a different pair of jeans and sweatshirt.

Save     Thanked by Lars
kadefol

Burgundy t-shirt, burgundy hoodie, dark-gray yoga pants, burgundy socks, and slippers.

Save     Thanked by Lars
happy2b…gw

Black leggings and soft cozy jade green tunic sweatshirt with sneakers.

Save     Thanked by Lars
Uptown Gal

Jeans and a red OSU sweatshirt and fuzzy, red socks...haven't even been

out of the house yet today. 26 degrees out there.

Save     Thanked by Lars
Lars

vgkg Z-7 Va, I didn't even think about the phone call aspect of this question😵 - thanks for pointing that out!

Of course you realize that this is a Covid related question, as I expect that people may be dressing differently now during the pandemic, although I neglected to include that in my first post.

Sorry about that!

Haven't we had this question posted here before? Of course the answers would be different in years past.

1 Like Save    
eld6161

Leggings and a speckled tunic sweater.

Save     Thanked by Lars
bpath

Blue jeans, white tee, blue cardigan. Changed out of my slip on sneakers/house shoes and into a clog to run a couple of errands, which I'm doing now. Oh, I guess I'd better add my purple parka and pale pink scarf!

Save     Thanked by Lars
Rusty

Uh-h-h-h-h-h, khakis, a red shirt. . . . .

Jake, from State Farm

Seriously, my usual, blue jeans and a T-shirt. Today's is yellow. And my everyday New Balance shoes.

Rusty

5 Likes Save     Thanked by Lars
Rose Pekelnicky

Proper clothes because I went to the grocery and Lowes. Jean's, a tshirt and a fleece cardigan. Otherwise it would be pajama pants

Save     Thanked by Lars
blfenton

I just came in from a trail run so my black running tights, short-sleeved running shirt, a long sleeved waffle-weave shirt and I did have on my gortex running jacket and gortex running shoes, my pink running hat and my gloves. It wasn't raining today (finally) and it has finally warmed up so left my vest at home.

I'm having my coffee and my breakfast and checking in here before my shower and then put on my uniform of jeans and a t-shirt.

Save     Thanked by Lars
Kathsgrdn

Woke up a little while ago to get ready for work. Been on vacation and not looking forward to going back. I've got gray/green pants on, in what I think is called brushed denim (dog hair and fuzz stick to it easily), red & black sweater that has too wide a weave to not wear something under it so I have a white camisole under it. And flip flops. Will put on socks and some shoes when I leave for work.

Save     Thanked by Lars
Richard (Vero Beach, Florida)

Shoes, no socks. I don't like to do that but my flip-flops bit the dust yesterday.

A pair of xxxxxxxxxx'x (they are Railriders. I'm hesitant to participant in the brand game but... they are good, functional and long wearing shorts that I've had for many years and wear anytime they're clean enough to wear... they really are as tough as they claim. I almost always wear shorts, even if I wear something warmer for core body insulation.

A sweatshirt, which was appropriate when I arose but... it's beyond time to shed... I'm getting a bit too warm but... it can wait.

Colors? White, black, brown. Pink, purple, yellow. Grey, maroon, orange. Yellow, Pink, whatever. To me it does not matter very much, I dress for me, my comfort, my budget, not others. I never did care about clothes, except for their functional value.

Generally speaking, living where I do, I usually choose shorts, flip-flops, and tee-shirt. Of course upper body covering depends on the weather/temperature. I sometimes get up, slip into a pair of shorts, flip-flops, and a goose down jacket. Does it look "un-matched"? I don't care. I wear what works for me. :-)

Save     Thanked by Lars
Elmer J Fudd

"I started the dishwasher this morning before I thought about taking a shower so I had to wait."

I'm curious Lonejack, how does starting the dishwasher preclude taking a shower?

Save    
OutsidePlaying

Sweatshirt, yoga pants, socks and Ugg shearling slippers. It’s dang cold in Alabama today and we had snow flurries this morning. A good day for staying inside.

Save     Thanked by Lars
ladypat1

taking a break from painting living room. Have on old jeans, old yard tennis shoes, old t shirt. Only been painting 3 hours, but wearing paint in my hair too.

1 Like Save     Thanked by Lars
carolb_w_fl_coastal_9b

Because it's been chilly lately and we have terrazzo floors that get really cold, jeans that are stretchy, a long sleeved knit top, a lightweight hoodie, wool socks and faux fur lined boots that look like Uggs, but aren't.

P.S. My mom's large 3 bathroom house has a too small water heater, so I know 1 reason for not running dishwasher, etc. if someone wants a shower 😏

Save     Thanked by Lars
sal 60 Hanzlik

Jeans and a sweatshirt.

Save     Thanked by Lars
LoneJack Zn 6a, KC

Elmer - the DW running fluctuates the hot water supply to the shower so that the shower temperature can fluctuate from too hot to cool without me changing the control. Yes, I could put in a larger or second hot water tank but it would be a waste of energy 99% of the time. Also not interested in putting in a 'on demand' system.

terilyn

Comfy wide leg sweatpants a tee shirt and fuzzy Hallmark slippers!

Save     Thanked by Lars
matthias_lang

Wool long johns, jeans, long sleeve T, wool jacket, work shoes.

Getting ready to go out so will switch out jacket for a coat, hat, gloves.

My every day masks help a lot with cold on the face, but today I'll stick a scarf in my pocket in case I need it.

Save     Thanked by Lars
marilyn_c

Stretchy, skinny jeans, blue and white pull over tee shirt, orange Long Horns sweat shirt, maroon Danskins slip on canvas shoes. I'm getting ready to go to Lufkin to buy horse feed, so will change the Long Horns sweat shirt for something else. I just came in from outside and the cuffs are damp. Nasty mess out there with the melting snow.

Save    
Elmer J Fudd

Lonejack, sounds like more of a water pressure/pipe size issue.

Unless you have a 20 gallon water tank or some other small electric model, neither running the dishwasher nor taking a shower should strain the available hot supply. Good luck.

Save    
roxsol

I read this thread just before heading out for my walk. I have on a fleece lined Nordic sweater, black leggings, black dickey and fleece lined boots. Took this shot just before coming in.

maifleur03

Sweat pants and top in differing colors of grey/gray with a white mens undershirt below. IKEA slippers on my feet. My normal at home. I used to wear Crocs when it was warmer but after having a few thorns sticking through I seldom wear them. Time to invest in a pair. I was shocked to see how expensive they have become. The current pair was in the lower twenties and the same type is now in the forties. Yes, for somethings I am cheap.

Save     Thanked by Lars
cooper8828

Working from home and no video meetings today. It's also cold and dreary. I have a t-shirt with a sweatshirt, flannel pajama pants and lined socks. Also there is a cup of coffee attached to my hand.

joann_fl

jeans, cotton top and light jacket since my computer room is always cold.

Save     Thanked by Lars
Elizabeth

Black pants, an oversized pink cashmere sweater and suede/sheepskin slippers with a pair of my hand-knit socks, of course.

Save     Thanked by Lars
Sisters in faith

gray sweats, white tee shirt, fuzzy gray and white sweater.

Save     Thanked by Lars
sephia_wa

Ditto gardengal and morz8. It's raining here. And cold. I'm wearing my sweatpants and a long sleeve shirt, along with some comfy ugg socks that I got for Christmas. I'm drinking hot tea and have the heat turned up. Plus a cat or two on my lap.

jupidupi

Jeans and a very thick, black, cashmere turtleneck sweater, with a black silk long underwear shirt underneath. I've been buying the exact same style sweater, pre-owned, on Ebay for about 20 years. I have them in six different colors and paid anywhere between 20 - 40 dollars a piece. I get cold easily, need a heavy sweater, and once you go cashmere, it's hard to go back. I suspect they originally sold for a couple of hundred dollars when new. Bare feet -- we have heated floors. It's 24 degrees out.

Save     Thanked by Lars
summersrhythm_z6a

Heated floor sounds lovely! I have gray leopard legging pants with a black top on. I really like legging like pants this winter They're really comfy and warm! I just bought a few from TJ.

Save     Thanked by Lars
Judy Good

Stretch everything! With no BRA. Not pretty but very comfy.

bragu_DSM 5

a tee with a pocket and an unbuttoned longsleeve dress shirt with my running pants

Save     Thanked by Lars
beesneeds

Fleece pants, tank and long sleeve shirt, light hooded undersweater and fleece house jacket. Double socks. Big squishy support house shoes.

Been working around between shifting freezers, the porches, and filling bird feeders today. This week is the good sale of restocking boneless chicken breasts from the local market. Family packs of buy 2, get 3 free. So was working today on getting set up for processing them down into smaller freezer packs. This is a usual buy for me this time of year, and lasts us for a year of cooking.

At various times today I was also wearing outdoor shoes and jacket, indoor freezer gloves and cooking coat..

Save    
raee_gw zone 5b-6a Ohio

Long sleeved henley, oversized wool pullover over that, fleece pants, knee high wool socks, and my decades old Acorn sheepskin boots (Worn so much that the inner soles were worn smooth - I recycled some sheepskin slippers into new liners).

I keep the house on the chilly side - quells hot flashes.

Earlier when I was out on an errand, black jeans, bright blue tshirt, same socks, black suede Keds, and my gray wool coat & red hat.

Save     Thanked by Lars
Ded Tired

Ugh, you had to ask this today although I have slowly devolved into permanent slobism.

Stretched out pair of black LL Bean pants, ankle socks with my feet stuffed into slides, a gray and white sweater with a zipper up the front that makes me look fatter than I am, and a long sleeve white T which is on its third day. My intention was to just throw something on to go to the drive thru bank and then get cleaned up but that never happened. If the house caught on fire I’d just stay in a burn along with it.

PattiG(rose)

Jean jeggings, grey sweatshirt and grey Sketchers. My usual grey tones.

Save     Thanked by Lars
Lars

I had forgotten that it was winter in Canada and some parts of the U.S., but my sister did send me a photo of some rare snow in her back yard in Austin.

There's no snow on the San Gabriel Mountains that I can see from my house here in L.A., but I was able to see snow on Mount San Jacinto when we were in the Palm Springs area. It's warmer in L.A. in January than it is in Palm Springs - not balmy, but pleasant, and so I like to spend January here. I did remember to bring my long pants back to L.A. this time - just in case.

Save    
Annie Deighnaugh

Jeans, polo shirt, hoodie.

Save     Thanked by Lars
palisades_

Now about getting in bed I’m wearing next to nothing but early during the day, I must wear full professional attire for work.

Save     Thanked by Lars
Lucille

Knit pants, soft knit henley top, long sleeve sweatshirt.

Save     Thanked by Lars
yeonassky

I am about to change for bed but right now I am wearing a Paisley skirt and deep red leggings with a comfy top.

I am not matching at all but so comfy and I needed the colour today.

lily316

Yoga pants, matching turtle neck, and an American Eagle fleece top on the outside.

Save     Thanked by Lars
pudgeder

Blue jeans, nice blouse & my New balance tennis shoes. Casual work day.

Save     Thanked by Lars
FinallyHome

Nightgown. Yes it is 11:30 am., but it is a pretty nightgown.

aprilneverends

Cashmere tunic dress (it's my special for- home cashmere tunic dress, bought on eBay. ), and a little cardigan over it, and leggings and socks and Uggs.

today is a warm day ouside btw. Can't say I'm warm still, I'm a bit chilly lol, and my feet feel cold. but it's ok going outside without throwing a jacket on, unlike yesterday (I'm in Southern OC, CA. I also heat the house but it's not enough. I also heat the bedroom with this oil heater during the night. After taking a hot bath. and I look like matryoshka, I wear flannels and socks and whatnot when I go to bed. )

This tunic dress is the only one that shows me slowly gaining weight, so sometimes i go and look at myself with a very stupid smile.

Save     Thanked by Lars
hallngarden

Black jeans, dark purple cashmere sweater, light purple blouse, black flats, changed to boots when I went outside. Wind is icy today.

rob333 (zone 7a)

A uniform of sorts, jeans and a shortsleeved black tee shirt. Boring, but I am on mental overload right now. Threw it on to get catnip, a scratching post, and some relaxing spray for the cats. Well, and I have a Zoom webinar I'll be conducting shortly. I guess I might go find some eye makeup and a pair of earrings/necklace.

raee_gw zone 5b-6a Ohio

Love your red boots!

Save     Thanked by Lars
summersrhythm_z6a

Thanks Raee! I love red boots and shoes. :-)

Save     Thanked by Lars
samkarenorkaren

Nothing lol. I keep sweats out in case i need to answer the door

Alisande

My winter-in-the-house uniform consists of fleece leggings or fleece-lined leggings, a turtleneck, and something warm over the turtleneck, plus wool socks and disposable foot warmers inside warm shoes.

Right now I'm wearing grey fleece leggings, a red turtleneck, and a grey fleece full-zip cardigan. The turtleneck (Eddie Bauer) and cardigan (Cabela's) were bought at thrift shops. I miss that hunt!

Save     Thanked by Lars
undertoad

Monterey Bay Aquarium sweatshirt, black yoga pants, socks. Houseshoes are on the floor, but my feet aren’t.

Save     Thanked by Lars
Alisande

Undertoad, I was just watching (for the first time) the Monterey Bay Aquarium's Jelly Cam.

Jellyfish!

Save     Thanked by Lars
Debby

This exact moment? Fleece pj bottoms that have snowflakes all over them, and an advertising t-shirt from the company I work for that I got for doing a charity run for women. It's my "I'm not going anywhere outfit" that I often wear when I'm not planning on leaving the house. My comfy clothes, if you will. LOL

Save     Thanked by Lars
Yayagal

slacks, long sweater and flats.

Save     Thanked by Lars
Lars

It's taking me a while to read all of this, but I will just say that many of you are wearing clothes that I do not even own. It also sounds like many of you have chilly houses. I keep my house at 71° minimum during the day, but then it is 80° outside right now (11am) and will be in the 80s for the rest of the week. So I don't need long pants this week.

Save    
gardengal48 (PNW Z8/9)

"but I will just say that many of you are wearing clothes that I do not even own."

Not overly surprising :-) Most of the responders are female and there is often a gender gap in apparel. And FWIW, a good 85% of the country lives in areas where January temps are low so warmer, heavier clothing is SOP regardless of what temp you keep your house.

Save    
fran1523

A hoodie sweatshirt, leggings, slippers and no bra

Save    
summersrhythm_z6a

We sure have chilly houses up north in the snow country. :-) We have two big furnaces running to heat house, if we set the temp high, furnaces would be like two cash burners. Lol So far we are having a warm winter. Feb is the time to have sub zero to -10 F. temp. You might be more surprised what people wear next month. Lol

Save    
stacey_mb

Among other things, I'm wearing a hot water bottle on my chest. Having a bit of chest congestion and hwb is very soothing.

Save    
grapefruit1_ar

I get cold easily so I dress accordingly. In order to pretend that life is “ normal” I get dressed as if I am really going to do something. I am wearing Cuddl Duds shirt and pants as a base layer with black jeans and a dark gray tunic on top, of course topped off with a corresponding scarf! I am wearing my black leather Reiker boots....which I adore!

Save    
bragu_DSM 5

socks; it is a blizzard out there ...

Save    
Michele

Every single thing I’m wearing, except undies and house sandals is a hand me down from one of my two daughters.. we donate unwanted clothing and household items to a local charity. I always go through their give-away bags. Right now I’m wearing an Ann Taylor cotton undershirt, black yoga pants (this is because I’m supposed to be doing yoga right now but feeling very unmotivated) long sleeve cotton periwinkle blue top and zippered hoodie because I’m always cold.

Well, all I can say is I USED to care! 😂😜

Save    
Annegriet

Pajama bottoms and hooded sweatshirt. Super comfy.

1 Like Save    
sjerin

Lars, I smile each time I read the title of this post. Thanks for the giggle.

Save    
norsetex

After my shower, put on fresh undies, blue sweatshirt and gray lounge pants. Will probably stay like this when I go pick up my Walmart order since I won't be getting out of the car.

Save    
Browse Gardening and Landscaping Stories on Houzz See all Stories
Closets Simple Ways to Get Your Closet Organized Right Now
Streamline your clothing storage with strategies you can implement in a weekend
Full Story
Color 9 Fun Ceiling Colors to Try Right Now
Go bold overhead for a touch of intimacy or a punch of energy
Full Story
Decorating Guides How to Love Your Kitchen More, Right Now
Make small changes to increase the joy in your kitchen while you cook and bake, without shelling out lots of dough
Full Story