SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
clubm

What trend do you hate right now?

clubm
15 years ago

I hate boys wearing those baggy pants pratically down to their knees with their underwear showing.

Comments (56)

• Linda Wayman
    15 years ago

I hate the way too baggy pants.

Someone in Memphis has sponsored a bill that would make it a criminal offense punishable by either a $100 or $200 fine and community service to knowingly wear pants below the waistlinie to show underwear or buttocks.
    I don't know if they can actually do that. I saw where someone said it would be discriminating to plumbers. LOL!!!

• dotmom
    15 years ago

I'm with Sherrmann, Tattoos and piercings, especially on women, although To me when I see a guy (or gal) who's total forearm is a cartoon, it turns me off. I wouldn't mind if a gal has a discrete little tattoo where it is covered by her clothes, but I saw a bride on TV wearing a beautiful strapless gown and her chest area and up on her neck was all tattooed. UGLY!!One other trend I can't figure out is the woman's hair style where a hank of hair is always left hanging along side the face.JMO, really, to each his/her own. Dottie

• Related Discussions

What are you doing right now?

Q

Comments (30)
    Most of my containers are molasses feed tubs, and I have grown in them for over a decade now. I grew in smaller containers too when I had fewer molasses feed tubs, but now that I have so many of them, I use the smaller containers less often. I think I have roughly 45-50 of the molasses feed tubs, and then I have a few large tree containers about the same size that Mitch brought to one of the Spring Flings in OKC 4 or 5 years ago. I also grow something every year in a 4' round stock tank that is so old the bottom has rotted out long ago....and in new cattle feed troughs on legs because that puts the lettuce and other salad greens too high for the rabbits and other small varmint to reach them. Other folks here also grow in molasses feed tubs. Melissa posted a photo last fall of her greenhouse filled with black tubs of all kinds of stuff. I think that growing in large containers with a drip irrigation system on a timer is just about as carefree and easy as you can make gardening here. The hardest part is the expense of filling up a lot of containers at one time. What am I doing now? lol Watching it rain and after a lot of months of watching it not rain, I am not complaining. I moved the lemon and orange tree containers out from the sunporch to the outdoors so the trees can enjoy the rain. I harvested lettuce, kale, Swiss chard and mustard to feed the chickens, brought in chicken eggs, etc. before it started raining. I am close to doing some winter sowing...probably in the next 4 or 5 days. Today I'm working on my grow list of flowers, herbs, and misc. stuff for 2013. After I make a list of what I want to grow, I'll double-check it against the seeds in my seed box to make sure I have everything. If there's something I need, I'll order it today. I think I have most everything, but need to check and make sure. We've had a lot of rain in the last month so the ground is too wet to work, but I'm eager to get out and play in the soil as soon as it dries up some more. The ground has been so dry for so long that I really don't even mind the mud, except when I'm mopping up muddy paw prints and footprints off the floor.
    ...See More

What do you have blooming for butterflies right now?

Q

Comments (4)
    Well I can't find my zinnia seeds. : ( I found some from a couple of years ago and if those germinate, I'll have plenty. I should have some volunteers too, but it would be nice if I could find the seeds I bought earlier this year. grrr When you mentioned perennial salvia, you reminded me that I have May Night blooming or seedlings from it at least. I don't think I still have the original plant. I need to watch and see if any hummingbirds/butterflies visit that. I don't think so though. I've seen a couple Monarchs fluttering by but they didn't stop and have seen a few Black Swallowtails. I have never seen a Zebra Swallowtail in my yard. Those are the ones that use Pawpaw as a host plant. I have a five inch tall Pawpaw planted by my fence row now and two more, just as small, in pots that I will plant this fall. I planted two last fall but only one made it through the winter.
    ...See More

What do you have blooming right now? :)

Q

Comments (9)
    I've posted quite a few pictures already this season, but here are some recent shots. Lots of red in my garden now. It's funny how I went from mostly orange bloomers, then to yellow, and now it's primarily red. It would be great if I could have a little of each color all season long. Crocosmia 'George Davidson' Blackberry Lily (seeds came from Skybird) Gazania 'Talent Red' (wintersown) Silene regia (wintersown in '09, I think) Penstemon pinifolius Daylily 'Santa's Gift' (came from Catladysgarden) Gaillardia 'Goblin' (I love how once these start blooming, they go all the way till first frost if deadheaded occasionally) Most of the daylilies are finishing up now, so is the Achillea, Golden Marguerite, and Butterfly Weed. July was definitely the peak of the bloom season, especially for the daylilies. This was their best year yet! Bonnie
    ...See More

Hating my yard right now

Q

Comments (1)
    In many cases with pets, especially if there is any shade, you can't have both pets and grass. When that happens the solution is mulch. Mulch covers the mud and the dogs love it. The dog parks I've visited have several inches of mulch for their ground cover. An inexpensive source for mulch is tree trimmers who mulch trees on the fly. They drive boxy truck and haul a chipper shredder behind the truck. Ask nicely and they may dump an entire load in your driveway - yay 8-( Where do you live? What kind of grass did you have? Is there any shade?
    ...See More
  • marlingardener
    15 years ago

Well, like, you know, I really hate, like, the way some people, you know, talk. They sound like a bunch of inarticulate idiots! And they are usually wearing baggy pants, have tattoos, pierced noses and a cell phone permanently attached to one ear.

• molly109
    15 years ago

Wow! Add me to everyone of these. The baggy
    pants make me livid - but the cell phone usage is
    right up there.

• sheilajoyce_gw
    15 years ago

Thinking that underwear and straps showing is fashionable. Thinking scruffy is fashionable. Men not shaving for a week or so at a time. Super sexy and plunging necklines at places of business for the employees.

• sheilajoyce_gw
    15 years ago

I have never liked tattos. I warned my kids that if they came home with one, I would use the wire brush for cleaning the BBQ to remove it. Most styles can be left behind when tastes change, or someone sees a picture of him or herself. Tattos aren't as easy. Costly and uncomfortable to remove, can't remove all signs of one, and scars are left behind.

• wildchild
    15 years ago

Fat older women shuffling around in pajama bottoms in public. Said bottoms are usually oversized and dragging on the ground. Double ICK.

The trend of allowing children to run around screeching like banshees in what were once adult refuges. Stores, restaurants and theaters are not playgrounds.

• lilliepad
    15 years ago

Add my name to all of the above!LOL

• debo_2006
    15 years ago

This tweeter and text messaging thing that is hot right now. Why????

I agree with Sheila....what's with these plunging necklines the past few years and anytime of day or night? Even the young teens wear them. They've gotten so low, you can't help but look because there's no avoiding them bulging up and out!! It's just wrong.

• Jacquelyn
    15 years ago

Add my name to all of the above too!

• minnie_tx
    15 years ago

I have anothe one. The so-called professional women cooks on tv who have their hair flying in their faces and almost into the food. I don't care what they are cooking one of the first things we learned in cooking 101 was use a hair net or tie it back.
    I watched a program on public tv theother day and many of the cooks had hair dangling in their faces . I can't watch Rachel R for that reason

• susan_on
    15 years ago

Pajama bottoms in public. I don't get it.

• Marilyn Sue McClintock
    15 years ago

I don't get the pj bottoms in public either. Lets just all not get dressed and only wear our pj's! I dislike the baggy pants too. They look sooo bad. I thought I saw Halloween yesterday. Stopped by a garage sale so son in law could go in and look around and there was this young woman with some sort of knee high pants, black see through stockings, or nylons,sun glasses and high heels. It was a nasty day out too. I wonder if she knew how funny she looked. Or women who are a bid heavy wearing no bra and a tank top like dress! We all have our weight problems but come on lets not make it even worse!

Sue

• stargazzer
    15 years ago

Baggy pants and underwear showing. I saw a young man in a parking lot one day and I must have been having a bad day because I never do this kind of thing. He could barely walk for holding up his pants. I told him "you really need to get a job and buy your own pants, your Dad's are way to big for you".

• dotmom
    15 years ago

Stargazzer......good one!!! What was his response, if any? When i see the ones with the baggie pants, I want to say, your pants are so big you look like your expecting company. LOL I saw a gal shopping in Walmart wearing PJ bottoms, it looked goofy. And bra straps as a fashion statement?? Jr Hi & Hi-school girls looking like they are going to work at the local strip joint instead of school.

• pammiesue
    15 years ago

Ha! We recently had a young man in our town arrested after being found in an alley with his pants down around his ankles, lying on the ground. There had been a scuffle at the bar, and he was involved. He took off running when the police came, but was trying to hold his pants up and had drank enough that he couldn't do both. He was easy for them to catch, as they saw him get tripped up on his trousers and fall to the ground!!
    Sometimes I want to stop the car and yank them to the ground. They can't carry their school books and hold their pants up at the same time.
    My boys were slim to the point that belts didn't hold their pants up, so they started using the electrial zipties to hold a couple loops tighter. I don't understand. they have butts, just can't keep them up.
    I work in a hospital and not long ago, there was a man walking in the lobby with his bare naked butt showing above his sagging pants. Made me want to grab a needle....

• perrisquirrel
    15 years ago

***I told him "you really need to get a job and buy your own pants, your Dad's are way to big for you".***

NICE ONE!!! The teenager across the street from me wears his pants like this. One day he got out of the car - a fast food bag in one hand, a drink in the other. As he walked from the driveway to the front door, his pants fell all the way down- he was waddling in his boxers. Didn't even phase him - it must happen all the time. He just waited until he got to the front porch, set down his bag, then pulled up his pants.

• linda_in_iowa
    15 years ago

People talking on cell phones in public. I don't care to hear their conversations and I get really annoyed when a grocery line is held up because the person is slowly trying to end a conversation before paying for their groceries.

• cynic
    15 years ago

Leaving the screaming kid in the cart, blocking the aisle and walking away so they can hear on the @$%#$% cell phone. I get so upset from it that I can hardly shave driving home while eating my sandwich, drinking a latte, have my own cell conversation and keep a free hand for gesturing.

Another one that's been around way too long - political correctness.

Some, I just have to laugh at. There's one kid who works at a Target, who is a nice kid, seems to be a good worker, but I nearly laugh at him. Very slender, short guy, maybe 5'6" tops and 98# dripping wet, including towel. Has sort of a mohawk/mullet combo hairdo. Now to this point, nothing bothers me, he's clean and well-groomed. But, the number of rings on his ear seem to increase every month or so. He must have a dozen minimum on each ear, plus eyebrows, lips and nose, and his mohawk became lime green last week. Does anyone else get the urge to put a leash on some of those rings? I want to ask him if all those holes make him whistle when he runs.

And please, male or female, anyone over 250# SHOULD NOT WEAR SPANDEX!

There's more but I can't remember them offhand other than I din ax you dat.

I'll be back I'm sure, but please, don't pick on that poor kid that had to wear his papa's pants. His mama prolly din eden know whodababydaddyid...

• Granlan_TX
    15 years ago

The oversized sound systems in cars and the horrible noise of them in my neighborhood.

Gonna be a lot of deaf folks..should be considered child abuse when this noise can rattle windows..the driver is clueless having a baby/child exposed to this!

• Linda Wayman
    15 years ago

I just thought of another one. Young girl's and teenage size pants that have writing across the behind. Anna and I went shopping the other day for some shorts for her to wear this summer. I saw a lot that I thought were cute, but they had " sexy " or " cute " or something along that line across the butt of them. That narrowed our choices considerably.

Linda

• stargazzer
    15 years ago

Dotmom, he didn't say anything he just stared at me. Probably thought I was nuts. I saw a waitress in a restaurant squatting down looking for something on a bottom shelf with her thong showing. I mentioned it to her and my friends told me they wear them like that on purpose. What a shocker. When we kids we were embarrassed when our slip showed.

Cynic, I think all of that political correctness causes more problems than it prevents. My husband was a full blooded Swede, when I mentioned it, he just frowned and said, "I am an American". Loved him for that.

I don't like the use of cell phones in public places. My friend even uses the speaker on her's and everyone can hear the whole conversation.

• rthummer
    15 years ago

Boys wearing pants too big and showing their crack!! Honest to goodness, do they really think that is cool? Reminds me of babboons showing off their red butts.

• FlamingO in AR
    15 years ago

I really don't like the stretched out earlobe hole thing, I don't know the proper term for it, but I think it's just a horrible thing to do yourself and I hope it dies out soon. Tattoos and piercings are bad enough, but dilating the hole is just going to make for flappy skin things and it's ugly.

Woody doesn't get the multiple facial piercings at all, he says he tried too hard to NOT get shot full of shrapnel while in Southeast Asia, he doesn't understand why people today are paying to have it done to them. ;)

• liz
    15 years ago

teenage girls with muffin tops wearing low cut jeans and short tops...do they not know how GROSS they look???

and all of the above!!

• marilyn_c
    15 years ago

What do I hate right now? Political stuff mostly. How are you liking your hope and change???

• socks
    15 years ago

Pierced tongues. Reality TV programs.

• lynn_d
    15 years ago

Cynic, don't come to our town the third weekend in June...we have a motorcycle rally and some of the sights are amazing. I didn't know that spandex could stretch that far but I know darned well that if it lets loose someone is going to lose an eye!

• vicki_lv
    15 years ago

The big holes in the ears is "gauging". My youngest son did it and I am horrified. I hate it. Mainly because of the stereotyping from it.

I have seen the boys walking with their pants so far down that they have to walk with their legs really far apart to keep them up. I don't get it.

I really and truly hate the tiny, short denim skirts with the strings hanging off of them being worn over leggings...and finished off with Ugg boots. OMG! I can't stand that one.

Our "corporate" sales girl wears skin tight, low cut tops and skin tight jeans...the ones with the "worn" spots on them. I am surprised she doesn't fall out of her tops. Seriously. And what is showing is not all that attractive. I mean, how can acne scars be attractive?

• orie
    15 years ago

All of the above! The low cut jeans just above the pubic line is indecent. The baggy pants, I see no fashion there. Spandex- nasty, esp. on heavy people. Young girls going EMO... I don't get it. Are they depressed or just trying to be fashionably depressed? I also hate it when parents don't discipline when appropriate for fear of breaking their child's spirit. They become brats that noone likes. I know many... and they can use a few good swats on the rear!

• rosemaryt
    15 years ago

Flying is one trend I'll never grow accustomed to. I think we should go back to trains, preferably steam-powered passenger locomotives.

Yes, I'm serious.

Mostly.

• ont_gal
    15 years ago

grinning @ Cynic...try going near that kid that wears the earrings with a massive magnet.

Myself..I have no idea *why* ppl have to have cell phones other than for emergency use.

We managed for *years* without having to call home while grocery shopping,etc.
    And in restuarants?

I have told ppl,that if I am *ever* in a vehicle with someone that has nothing better than talking on a cell phone than drive and speak to me,then let me the heck out of it..consider yourself lucky to have someone in the vehicle to speak to-use your home time for the phone.

• mariend
    15 years ago

Most of above, but when I see most of that in the mall or?? I just try to ignore them. I don't like it,but it will pass. What really gets me is the number of OLD people, some on the heavy side, dressing and acting like kids. White pants show everything, tight tops, or cut low makes me want to puke!!!! Long straggly gray/white hair or messy hair or dyed hair on old people.
    I really am having a hard time finding clothes that don't have the front dip down to my waist. Old people do not look good in short shorts either. This gets to me much more that what the kids are doing now.

• cynic
    15 years ago

mariend, you mean something like those white, nearly translucent pants.... with the Depends showing through??? ;)

For the pregnant ones who wear those t-shirts saying "BABY" with the big down arrow under it.... I want to get one made that points to my belly and says "BEER".

Oh, and another trend in one word.... GOTH!

Also, why do people have to drag their little wheeled suitcases, computer bags and stuff with them into stores? Reminds me of the old ladies with their geezer carts from 50 years ago. But someone old or crippled using them is fine. These people that can't carry their purse, wallet or laptop, I suppose you will be in a hurry to get to the health club to work out tonight?

These "car alarms" that have to honk the horn every time you activate it or deactivate it. SHUT THOSE THINGS OFF!!!! And please put a bobber and a daredevil in the mouth of that "singing" fish on the McDonald's fish commercial.

ont_gal & lynn_d, you two broke me out in laughter!

Winter storm coming here starting tomorrow night. I still don't think it'll be anything as bad as they're talking and they've already toned it down. Wish my work reports were allowed the inaccuracy percentages of the weather reports. OK, I'm in a bad mood tonight! Maybe I'm too picky. :)

• Kathsgrdn
    15 years ago

The overuse of cell phones, especially while driving or at work when you should be taking care of your freaking patients! Why can't people not talk to family and friends for more than an hour at a time? Grocery shopping is now more annoying because of cell phones. I really don't want to listen to your private conversation, especially when you're blocking the whole isle because you're so engrossed in your conversation.

Same for cell phones in movie theaters...do these people not realize that the light from their phones are annoying the people around them who are trying to watch a movie?! And why the heck did you just pay all that money to watch the movie and then sit there and text someone all during the movie with your head down near your lap?

I don't really care for the emo look either, my daughter and most of her friends dress this way. All black, red or purple..with matching hair, black fingernails, skull accessories and clothing. Her stepmother bought her some huge knee high platform buckle all the way to the knee boots for Christmas...they look exactly like something Gene Simons from KISS would wear...in fact, our old neighbor who used to watch the kids, came over one day, put them on her feet and started singing a KISS song. It was pretty funny that she thought the exact same thing. I now only wish that she outgrows it before we go visit my dad next year. The only thing I do like is the 1 inch black chokers that Lauren and her best friend wear all the time, they're kinda pretty.

• samkaren
    15 years ago

I agree with the baggy pants on guys who show their underwear. Girls who wear tops that are 2 sizes too small. Obese people in tight clothes.
    GuysÂ.long hair and any jewelry other than a watch or ring.
    PiercingsÂother then ear rings. Hate the nose, lip, eye brow, etc.
    Giant tattoos. Now I happen to like tattoos that are small and or tasteful..not the full body art.
    Disruptive children in stores or restaurants and the movie theater.
    What I really hate is the new words that people use. I donÂt "tweeter  blog- or text"; I donÂt wear "bling" ; I never "dis" anyone, and I always say "how are youÂnot "SÂUP"
    There is another term that I hate but I wonÂt mention it I know it would cause a heated debate here.

• mylab123
    15 years ago

Anything to the body that can't be undone - like the gauging of the ear or, most especially, tats. I really detest tats.

That pajama thing, how lazy can a person be? They always look like they crawled out of bed with sheets that hadn't been changed in a month, skipped the shower and the teeth, ate a bowl of drippy cereal and was suddenly inspired to go shopping. Gross, I always imagine I can smell them even if I really can't. I never know, I keep my distance - just gross.

But they (and the self absorbed cell phone users etc.) can change that behavior. The ear gauging and the tats are there for good, no changing your mind after the fact unless you have a whole ton of time and money.

• zeetera
    15 years ago

Sorry, but it's these scarves wrapped around women's shoulders. Not the ones to keep you warm, but the decorative ones. Special occasions and church fine, but for every day use? No, I don't care for it.

• shandon00
    15 years ago

""The so-called professional women cooks on tv who have their hair flying in their faces and almost into the food.""
    Hahah! DH calls those shows "Cooking with Cleavage"

Crooked hats and baggy pants! Seriously!

And the one that gets me lately is all the bail outs being handed out! Time to say ENOUGH!

• sue_va
    15 years ago

I've learned two things reading this: EMO, before it was explained, I googled it, and gauged was explained. I'm way behind, thank goodness!

I second the emotion of all the above, and will add one thing to the women's hair styles. Why do they wear wispy bangs that look like they are glued to their eyelashes?

Teen aged girls that look like hootchy mamas?

I saw a girl on Dr. Phil's show the other day who had just turned 15. She wore a dress that was made to be worn rolled down to the top of her bust line. She also wore very high heel shoes. She was with her parents and they were there to discuss the DDs spending habits! She was a very attractive girl who already knew how to use her cuteness to get what she wanted. GEEZ.

About the men on TV, why can't they get their shirt collar and necktie straight?

Etc, Etc, Etc.

Sue

• OklaMoni
    15 years ago

I guess, the way young, and not quite so young people wear their pants. Guys, as well as gals.

Cross

Moni

• minnie_tx
    15 years ago

All the talk about Viagra and size etc. I'm so glad my mom is not around to listen to this stuff. the commercials are on almost all the channels.

• mrsmarv
    15 years ago

"What do I hate right now? Political stuff mostly. How are you liking your hope and change???"

I'm liking it just fine, thank you very much for asking.

What I don't like is people who are in an all-fired rush and pull out in front of me on the road and then go as slooooow as molasses. Drive like you're alive, for goodness sake.

• Kathsgrdn
    15 years ago

After going to Krogers this afternoon, I have another one. People with those stupid looking Bluetooth things stuck to their ears, walking around in public. Do they think they look cool or something? Saw a woman with one in Kroger today.

Last year, there was a really annoying family member at work, in and out with one of those stupid things, and he would walk down the hallway talking loudly. I finally told him he couldn't use it, apparently they interfere with out computers, which I had just found out the day or so before.

• wildchild
    15 years ago

Most fashion trends don't bother me except for dressing little girls like prostitots. I'm pretty much live and let live.

The "healthy lifestyle" trends disturb me. People wasting all their money on vitamins and waters and herbal supplements instead of just eating real food in balanced portions.

The trend of listening to advice from talk show hosts instead of seeking professional help disturbs me.

The trend to take all the media says as gospel disturbs me.

The trend of restaurants to either be fashioned after a warehouse or going to the opposite extreme of faux upscale. Just give me a nice quiet room with comfortable seating and good service. I don't want to pretend I'm in a Bistro when I'm in a diner and I don't need heavy metal music blasting while I dine.

Worst trend of all... do I dare bring this up......people who want guests to remove their shoes in their houses. Yes I said houses intentionally because homes they are not. Homes are lived in. Houses are shown.

• caflowerluver
    15 years ago

Kids drinking coffee drinks at Starbucks. I saw a kid no more then 10 or 11 today get one of those fancy coffee drinks. It can't be good for him. When did that become popular?

Also hate the baggy pants, PJ pants and most women's tops today. Why do all the tops look like maternity tops?
    Clare

• kathi_mdgd
    15 years ago

All of the above!! A lot of these made me LOL.One i didn't see mentioned was the clothes for little kids,especially girls.They want you to dress them like hootchie mamas even before they're 3 years old,and i hate black and real dark clothing for little kids.So glad i sew!!
    Kathi

• bobbie56
    15 years ago

Disrespect!

• intherain
    15 years ago

Kathsgrdn - I was going to say the same about the blue tooth thing. You really need to be on the phone so much that it has to be glued to your ear? And you look ridiculous walking around talking to yourself. It drives me crazy.

The trend I really hate is how people use cell phones, as mentioned in many posts above. Yes, I've used my in public, but I try to make it short. I see people walking around a store in deep conversation. Hey, I don't want to hear your conversation. Take it outside! Once when I was in Starbucks, a women couldn't even pry the phone off her ear long enough to place her order. She instead grabbed one of the business cards on the counter, wrote down her order, and threw it at the barista. She talked the entire time, took her drink and left. The barista and cashier were floored. They couldn't believe the nerve.

Don't even get me started on people using cell phones when driving.

Zeetera - really, you don't like scarves other than in winter? There are some cute linen ones for the spring.

• Lily316
    15 years ago

I hate the blue tooths, the cell phones glued to ears and people oblivious to everything around them. I hate tattoos and pircings on the tongue and nose and eyebrow. Don't like the big ones in the ear either. My kids and grandkids are very clean cut and tattoo and piercing free but GD brought home a guy with the ear thing going on and the jeans inches below his waist with plaid shorts sticking out..

Sponsored
Kuhns Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Central Ohio's Trusted Home Remodeler Specializing in Kitchens & Baths