SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
madisonpostz5

We will be moving to our new home this summer. Zone5 recommendations?

Madison Post
3 years ago
last modified: 3 years ago

My husband will be graduating from the seminary this spring and will be an ordained LCMS pastor this summer. We are on a strict budget, with him finishing school and me being a stay-at-home mom of two and one on the way! I have a few potted roses that I’ve been acquiring, but we will FINALLY be able to move into our own home and I can start working on my dream rose garden! I would like to start off with reliable, fragrant, heavy blooming varieties that would make good parent plants for my hybridizing endeavors. We don’t know where he will be assigned to until April, but we will most likely be living in Iowa, or possibly southern Minnesota (I am hoping for zone 5 Iowa!!!) What are your guys’ all-time favorite recommendations? I have a pretty solid idea of some varieties I’m hoping to purchase, but it’s always nice to hear advice from people who have more experience!

P.S. My favorite types of roses are large, fully doubled, and fragrant as before mentioned. I LOVE David Austin roses, as well as classic hybrid teas like “Mr. Lincoln” “Peace” I also like grandifloras ☺️

Comments (13)