SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mn_beachgal

Cannot decide which prefinished hardwood to choose

mn_beachgal
3 years ago

We are about to start a big remodel of a house we recently purchased. We have just about every material picked out but cannot decide on which floor to choose. We've been to probably 6 or 7 different flooring stores and I've done extensive research online. We are sure we want prefinished wood - either solid (which I prefer) or engineered. Engineered must be at least 3mm wear layer or thicker so it can be sanded at least once. We want larger planks, in a medium/dark grey/brown tone. Every brand I research seems to have reviews of peeling, cracking etc.

Any suggestions on best brands? We have no kids or pets - just the two of us. This wood flooring will be in the kitchen, dining, living room, entry and hallway all on the main level. We live in the Midwest so get wide temperature and humidity swings throughout the year. We are willing to pay up to $8/sq ft for the flooring (less than that is better but we don't want something low quality).

Any suggestions appreciated! I've searched the forums and found a few threads but they are old and once again one person would say a brand is great, then the next would say they were horrible - all in the same thread!

Comments (10)