SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_978379013

Exterior paint advice needed! Mediterranean and prairie features?

C K
3 years ago
last modified: 3 years ago

Hi everyone! I’d love some help with selecting paint colors for the house we recently purchased. I am very much an amateur with this process, so please be kind. :)

Dilemma: It seems we have a prairie-style house with a decidedly Mediterranean roof, plus a reddish flagstone skirt/pavers that I’m not sure how to classify.

Ask: Any recommendations for base paint and trim colors that will bring all of these elements together in a cohesive way?

Background details:

• The red tile roof is the name of the game in our neighborhood, so not much flexibility there.
  • I originally thought an off-white would go best with the roof/stone (more Mediterranean palette), but our house is very long and horizontal, and I’m worried it will just look massive. After looking at more prairie-type houses, I’m thinking some sort of earth tone would be best?
  • I would love to incorporate some sort of contrasting trim color (navy blue is a favorite of mine), but not 100% sure how to do so.
  • In terms of improvements, we’re focused on paint color right now, but open to hearing other design suggestions as well!

Comments (9)