SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
stacey_schneider

Paint colors for built-ins, making the space cohesive

Stacey Schneider
3 years ago

Making progress on the main level, getting down to the finishing touches with regards to painting. Now we need to paint the built ins in the LR and I think the ones in the kitchen should probably be painted to match? I'm also open to painting the island a different color.

For background, the walls are SW Natural Tan, the trim is a color match to SW Nacre (slightly lighter). SW Natural Tan really takes the yellow out of the Nacre trim making it look much more bright/white. Cabinets and built ins are SW Antique White (with a glaze I'm looking forward to getting rid of). The range and back of the built ins in the kitchen are SW Tricorn Black.

Was originally thinking to go dark with the built-ins, but am now wondering about painting them to match the trim color and then painting just the backs SW Tricorn black to bring in the black from the fireplace? Or possibly a gunmetal color to match the metal decor above the fireplace, but then would likely need to carry that color to the kitchen built-ins?

Any thoughts on updating it while keeping it cohesive would be much appreciated!

Thank you!

Stacey

Comments (9)