SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jdmaher

Artwork and Area Rug dilemma...

jdmaher
3 years ago

I am renovating my entire main floor. Husband inherited this HUGE piece of Venezualan art that he wants to hang in the living room space. The art is 110"x54" and covers virtually the entire wall (see picture). It is very vibrant - lots of colour and lots of movement. Across from the art is my main living space (TV, couch, etc). There is about 24' from the art to the opposite wall (see picture - I am taking the photo from the opposite wall) - so about 14' to the living room area rug. My style is eclectic. I love colour and am willing to mix and match colour, pattern, texture, etc. I have other colourful artwork. My couch and chairs are neutral (beige/taupe).

I'm really torn between putting an area rug that with "interest" or putting a simple rug (likely one that is one of the blue tones of the big painting. Ive included photos of "interesting" rugs Im considering. Do you think it's too much? (Remember, I have other art.) Thoughts? Patterned and interesting or simple and subtle?

I dont want it to look like the circus came to town, but Im a fan of color/pattern...

Thanks!

Comments (4)