SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
nicole_annette

New build. Looking for feedback on kitchen/dinette layout.

Nicole Annette
3 years ago
last modified: 3 years ago

We are in the process of building a new home. We are able to tweek the layout but not make major changes. Originally with dinette space was 11x10.5 now it is going to be 11x14.5 as they have allowed me to bump the wall back. It's a walkout basement so we will have a large balcony deck off of the dinette area.My question is, does anyone have any ideas about the kitchen and dinette space?I was thinking I'd like the extend the kitchen cabinets along the wall into the dinette. Maybe it would need to be a shallower depth base cabinets so it wouldn't be too crowded with the table? If I extend the counter should I extend it the whole way? Then the large picture window would need to be smaller? What would be good in this space above the extended counter (a small window, no windows, open shelving, cabinets?) I was thinking a second small sink and coffee bar area would be nice. But I also don't want it to feel super crowded with a table. Or look awkward from the outside if the big picture window is made smaller.Any thoughts or ideas?Thanks!

Comments (6)