SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bkay2000

QOTD 1/2/21 Which quilt do you love the most?

bkay2000
3 years ago

Do you have a quilt that gives you pleasure just to look at it? I'm not a prolific quilter, but I have a favorite. I call it my "Aunt Shorty" quilt. It was a mess to make. I bought it half finished at an estate sale early in my quilting journey. I took it apart and put it back together multiple times, trying to fix it. It wasn't straight. It was too long, or not wide enough. The colors weren't balanced - just about everything was wrong with it. I kept working on it for a couple of months. When I finally gave up and said, "This is the best I can do", I decided to quilt it myself, as spending money to have it quilted didn't make sense. So, it was my first quilting project.

It reminded me of my Aunt Shorty. She was my favorite Aunt. She loved red and all things "flashy". She was actually buried in a red dress. She wanted me to be one of her pall bearers. I wore a red dress to her funeral.

She wasn't perfect, but everyone loved her. She lived large. I was talking to one of my older cousins and mentioned that Aunt Shorty had been my favorite Aunt. He said, "She was everybody's favorite Aunt".

Bkay

My "Aunt Shorty" quilt

Comments (5)