SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lily_white58

Need ideas for exterior remodel?

Lily White
3 years ago
last modified: 3 years ago

we bought an old peony farmhouse. we gutted The inside and started remodel, but as we aren’t designers we didn’t think about exterior look until after we finished the kitchen. This kitchen square windows have to stay.. (I added photos of inside the kitchen so you can see why). the outside is so plain and needs facelift. Would love ideas?!?!? Here are a few thoughts I’ve thrown around: extending porch, we need sidewalk to garage area which is on side of house.. painting brick, . i just don’t know what to do with our patio and to update the look of this home as the 4 kitchen white windows are new and have to stay since we just bought them. I know they don’t look great from outside— but that’s what I have to work with now.

All other windows can be replaced. we can’t find our brick anywhere so that Is problem too. on the side of the house the part in the back that sticks out is the living room- I thought about wrapping porch and maybe even add a sun room where there is cement already.. ideas please! Help!

the garage is here photod on north (right side of house) tou pull in from side. we have 4 acres around our house so we sit back off the road a little. The front house is what you see on the road.

this is the south side of the house- the part that sticks out is the living room. There was already cement outside of this spot when we bought it. briefly thought about adding sun room and doing indoor out door fireplace ?!?! My problem always lies with how to make exterior look nice.

This is a snapshot of the dining room that has the large solid window in the front of the house. (Not finished yet) but you get the idea— waiting for my raw edge slab table to finish).

Here is inside from kitchen- then front door still I fished and no trim yet and then dining. The space between kitchen and dining not sure how to design yet- would take a few ideas there too.

Backyard view.

pull into the side of the house (sorry super bright out) will try to retake later). Then the driveway which we also need to somehow gravel/pave out in future Goes through the tree arched drive.

Being an old farmhouse the kitchen has a door entry too.. hard to see from the front of house pic.

Large windows is dining.

Comments (2)