SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
arthurma

Location for bathroom exhaust roof vent caps

arthurma
3 years ago

I have two bathrooms on the second floor. One bath is on the front side of the house and the other bath is on the back side. The front side has two exhaust fans, one over the toilet and one over the shower while the back bathroom has one fan. The three exhaust fans are each connected to flexible insulated ducting. The ducting pops through the roof above (going through the unfinished attic) with black roof caps, 2 in the front and one in the back. The two in the front of the house are a bit of an eyesore from the street as the pop out of the center of our roof. On the back side of the house, I'm looking to put solar panels, so the back roof cap is an obstacle. I'm about to get my roof replaced, so now is the time to move these things if I can. I'd love to get rid of all three but then I'm just sending the bathroom exhaust into my unfinished attic, which I've read isn't good. What are my options here? Do I have to have three of these exhaust caps going through my roof? Are there any good solutions that don't require these things? Picture from the front is below, back is similar with the vent more centered.

Example of ducting:

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Master-Flow-6-in-x-25-ft-Insulated-Flexible-Duct-R6-Silver-Jacket-F6IFD6X300/100396935)

Comments (7)