SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
abqconiglio

Eden vs. Geoff Hamilton?

This may be a mute question since Geoff Hamilton is nearly impossible to find. I’ve considered Eden to be one of the most beautiful roses ever created ever since a trip to Paris where there were many of them, looking just incredible. I have two Edens, one in “the spot of death” that is alive but won’t grow more than 12” tall after several years. The other about 6’ tall and kept that height by the intense winds that “prune” any parts that grow above the wall that it’s against. Eden in my garden is essentially a once bloomer, unless the thrips win, then it‘s a non-bloomer. Is is also nearly scentless. I find the summer-heat blooms to be unattractive and I ignore or remove them. Geoff Hamilton looks similar in the photos, with pink centers and white outer petals In a cup shaped bloom. It gets variable reviews but is said to be repeat blooming and fragrant. A spot has opened up at my front gate and I’m debating whether to move the unhappy Eden there (or pot pets Nahema or Annie Laurie McDowell). Since the color scheme of my front yard is white (roses) and purple (lavender and salvia), Eden could work better than the pot pets which are more pink. But would Geoff Hamilton be a better option? Opinions please?

Comments (9)

Sponsored
Landscape Management Group
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars29 Reviews
High Quality Landscaping Services in Columbus