SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
greensingh

Heat tolerant vs heat resistant vs heat loving

greensingh
16 years ago

I am trying to pick roses for the south side of the house and need help. I found some information on some older threads but I am more confused than at the start of the search. I am in Zone 6b-7a, south jersey. Summers are hot and humid. I am looking at floribundas, grandifloras and austins with good repeat. Floriferous HTs with bush shape would also work.

I understand that the flush may be smaller as well as the size of the flowers in the heat of the summer. But the petals may not crisp in the heat. Thrips have also been something of a problem. Belinda's dream was on top of the list from the high rating s on hmf but I was surprised by the feedback on a recent thread. I should also be looking at the humidity factor in addition to heat. Some of the plants I am considering are :-

Cherry parfait, gemini, marylyn monroe, saint patrick, golden celebration, tamora, fredric mistral, easy going, living easy, lavaglut, earth song, olog.

If you grow any of these roses in similar conditions, please do give your feedback. Also looking at others which may do well in such conditions.

Comments (33)