SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mtnrdredux_gw

Kitchen mini- refresh

mtnrdredux_gw
3 years ago
last modified: 3 years ago

So, my wooden sink surround needed to refinished (more on that later). Since that meant doing all my wooden countertops, and cost approximately a zillion dollars, i decided I may as well do a different finish and ended up choosing just marine varnish on natural cherry. Chispa recommended lights so I added sconces. I put up a black clock for Jterrilynn and a black/white ribbon on my bread basket. I have a fake olive tree now too.

I'd not planned on replacing my nickel Herbeau faucet lineup, until I found out the faucet bridge had a pinhole leak! What a piece of junk; and also apparently the cause of the discoloration of my counter, since it only happened there. To change it up, I went with brass and a big sprayer. Love it, my old Herbeau sprayer was wimpy.

I've not painted my island base. One, they have to remove it and spray it, and it is too cold to do that RN. Two, it has become a real point of contention. It was made as a replica of an old general store counter we found for sale, and that was oak. Loses that feel painted. Still in negotiations on that one.

Comments (62)