SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_52394099

New living room - blank slate

Chris Johnson
3 years ago

I have purchased my first home and will only have money for awhile to clean the carpet and invest in painting the interior and buying furniture for the living room. I want a masculine look to this room - I like black alot and wouldn't mind red accents to work with the drapes that are currently there. I like modern and contemporary styles. The living room is directly entered into from the front door. From the living room, you can see the dining area and part of the kitchen.

I'm trying to figure out a good neutral paint color (light white, beige). I am not adverse to painting/staining the bookshelves, but don't mind them the way they are. If I do change them, the color shade shouldn't conflict with the wood on the kitchen cabinets that can be seen from certain angles. I have a nice dark wood table (42" x 32") that can be used as a coffee table - I think it would work with the bookshelf as is. Current owner is leaving behind the mirror above the fireplace. Thanks for any help you can give. Attached are some pictures with the current owners furniture - thanks!

Comments (21)