SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
caymanbaby29

Blank slate living room!! Needs decorating!

caymanbaby29
5 years ago
Hello!! I am building a house and we are nearing completion. The living room needs decorating and because we will needs new furniture etc it is a blank slate! I’m not sure about furniture placement or colours or anything! The room is the first thing you will see when you walk in the front door so I would really like to make a good first impression! I will attach pictures. There will be a TV mounted above the fireplace but the basement will also have one and will be the more casual spot for this purpose. The living room will be a bit more formal but still comfortable etc. A nice place for wine and conversation more than a football game if that paints a picture. . Descriptions will be on the pics but this photo has measurements of the room size. Rectangles within the walls represent the windows. Door opening on the left goes to the dining room (7’9” opening) and to the entry/hall/foyer/stairway with a 9’11” opening.
Walls are Dove white and floors are wide plank natural white oak. Fireplace tile (not there yet) will have a hearth of black marble with white streaks - I can’t remember the name of it and the tile surround is black herringbone glass. Other than that....
If this was your house how would you decorate it? Furniture placement etc?

Comments (4)