SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
feathers11

Thank you gift ideas for the holidays

Feathers11
3 years ago

This group is so creative with gift suggestions, that I'm requesting your ideas for this one. Back in September when my son was away at college out of state, his dorm went into quarantine (quite suddenly, with little notice). Instead of isolating in his dorm room, he and 2 friends spent the quarantine at one of the friend's parents' home. My husband and I agreed to it because each friend would have his own room in which to quarantine, and the parents were strict about enforcing it. They ate meals together, but otherwise, my son was alone in "his" bedroom, with internet access so he could keep up with his classes during the quarantine period.

Things got a little crazy after that, and although my son has good manners and thanked the parents appropriately, I've had it on my to-do list to send them a thank-you gift. (And at this point, it's overdue.) I've never met them, and know very little about them. My son's initial gift suggestion was a gift card to their local grocery store because, apparently, he ate very well at their home! But I'd like to send something more creative.

Any ideas? I have a couple of such "thank you's" I'm working on this month, but they are for people I know. I just don't know what to do for parents I've never met, but who did our son (and us) a very, very gracious, hospitable favor.

Comments (6)