SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
tjamalloy

Can an Ikea Havsen apron sink be installed as undermount?

Joy M
3 years ago

I’m looking to install a 24” Ikea Havsen undermount sink in my laundry room but prefer the look of undermount (but love the cost of the Havsen). Any reason we couldn’t undermount this? I’m having quartz countertops installed (templating has not happened yet, so I have time). I would install a wood support/cleat horizontally along insides of cabinet to support sink...and install vertical braces as well to support the horizontal clear. Any need for strapping? I’ve seen that mentioned in other chats, but was not specific to apron front, ceramic sink. The one issue I could see, but not sure it’s an issue- perhaps the top of the sink is a bit more rounded than a typical undermount apron sink, but would that be an install issue? Or noticeable? Of course silicon would be used...if this could work should countertop reveal be flush or 1/8” in this situation (the amount the countertop overhangs the sink) stock photos included of the ikea sink. I’m also having custom door fronts made, so lowering the sink is not an issue in regards to the cabinet fronts. Thanks in advance for any input... there doesn’t seem to be too much info out in internet about the install of these sinks.

Comments (5)