SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
manuela_ocrainschi

Design challenge- how would you finish this kitchen?

Manuela Ocra
3 years ago
last modified: 3 years ago

We want to finish the kitchen reno and we are stuck at the walls. The cabinets are maple wood in chestunt\ dark brown- red-ish color, the counter is white quartz with some light grey speckles and the floor is terracota tile with some white/greyish veins. The walls are white now and we plan to change the window trim or remove it all together if needed for a more modern look.

Here are the questions:

- should we add tile on the backsplash or paint the walls with color; what color would bring the place together? My inspiration photo has white tile backsplash but I was told by the contractor to add either color or pattern since the wall looks bare.

- Should I add something else to visually balance the wall itself since the stove is not in the middle between the windows and we have only one wall cabinet. My initial idea was to have one or two narrow shelves for decor, same color as the cabinets, next to the hood. We didn't want to add another cabinet on the other end of the wall as we didn't want to have it above our heads when sitting at the peninsula. What about adding the narrow shelves there?, Where the pictures are now?

- what window covering to use on the window closer to the gas stove that would be safe to use.

I am open to any suggestions.

Thank you.

This is my inspiration:

https://www.houzz.com/photos/modern-kitchen-modern-kitchen-providence-phvw-vp~2058589

Comments (17)