SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
paul_giorgi90

Curb appeal challenge! How would you fix up this corner-lot home?

Paul Salgado
3 years ago

Hi all! I am considering making an offer on a house that seriously lacks curb appeal. Before putting an offer down, I'd love to hear some opinions on how much potential there is.

The first thing I would do is add raised flower beds (probably 60% of the height of the front steps) on either side of the "porch" and add some big, colorful bushes and plants. I also think some nice shutters would add a lot of character, but a friend mentioned it might be too cluttered. What else could we do here without dropping $20K on a porch?

Also a concern (read: eyesore) are the meters, AC unit, and power lines on the front corner. Is there anything I can do to that? Can I put bushes in front of meters? The home is located in a historic Atlanta neighborhood with a ton of character (ignoring the houses across the street) and would likely be in the $600K price range once the interior renovations are done. Not sure if this changes anyone's scope!

Really appreciate any insight as I can't really hire a designer before buying the house!

p.s. windows, exterior paint / trim, and roof are all ~3 years old and would likely stay as is.

Comments (17)