SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
my2cents39

Pendant lights over peninsula

Mi Mi
3 years ago
last modified: 3 years ago

Hello. So first please let me say I have tried to find a solution on the form by reading other people's questions and responses they get. I've come across some very good information however my question hasn't been answered. What you see in the picture are the holes made for placement of pendant lights to over a peninsula. I asked my contractor to make sure the pendant lights clear the cabinet door, Understanding that the pendant lights would be in line with the cabinet that's going on the wall. 1st let me say even though I asked him this I still expected him to let me see the markings before he actually drilled holes as he had done previously. And no matter what I still wanted spacing to be proper. The holes drilled are 16" apart amusing 3 and a 1/2 inch globe pendant lights which are 13 and a 1/2 inches apart (maybe lil more or less). To say the least Im mortified or overreacting. He said because he was trying to clear the swing of the cabinet door he changed the centre Point and placed the holes where they are. Am I overreacting or did he place them to close? Before purchasing any pendant lights I went online and I researched different information about them including including size of pendant lights and placement of them over the peninsula. Unfortunately the cabinet being in the way wasn't oversight on my part, But I did read that pendant lights should be a minimum of 24" apart, When measuring between globe and globe. Originally we were going to do 3 pendant lights but because of the cabinet I dropped down to 2. And because I dropped down to 2 I was going to go up to the next size... But now he has totally taken that option away. Please advise And please no rude comments it's not what I am here for. If you can't be nice and please don't comment at all. I'm an amateur and I don't want to be unreasonable with my Expectations.

Comments (9)