SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_968641956

Help - Kitchen lighting placement (canned lights, peninsula pendants)

Melody Roberts
5 years ago
last modified: 5 years ago

We are in the middle of a complete kitchen remodel and need some last minute help determining where our canned lighting should go within the kitchen. We first installed 4" LED canned lighting but now feel we have too many cans and are looking to simplify by changing to 6" LED cans and having less cans.

I'm hoping to get some feedback soon so we can make a decision. I'm attaching two images of our plans.

What we need help with most:

• Where should the 6" LED canned lighting be in the kitchen and how many should we have?
  • Feedback on whether we should be using 4" or 6" is welcome; again, leaning towards using 6" cans.

Key consideration factors:

• There is one window in the kitchen where the sink is located. There will be a small 4" LED canned lighting directly over the sink.
  • We have a G-shaped kitchen with a "L" shaped Peninsula. Peninsula allows for three bar stools. We originally were NOT going to do pendant lighting over the Peninsula but are now thinking of adding them. I've ID'd on the first diagram where the pendants will most likely go.
  • Interior dimensions of the kitchen (from cabinet edge to cabinet edge) are 107" X 80".
  • All cans and pendants will be on dimmers. Kitchen is white. Hardwood floors are dark.
  • In the first diagram, item W363021 will be a dark zinc vent hood.

Comments (6)