SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
editoria

Black Friday / Cyber Monday deals, anyone?

Alisande
3 years ago
last modified: 3 years ago

I always break out of frugal mode this time of year as I enjoy shopping for gifts and usually take advantage of pre-Christmas bargains to buy myself a present too, and I really did it this year. I have (or had) an unusually large Paypal balance thanks to some good eBay sales, and that helped. Also, with my usual sources for clothing (thrift shops) unavailable to me, I decided it was time to spend a couple of gift cards I'd been holding on to. But the biggest encouragement came from the magnitude of the online sales. So many discounts! So much free shipping!

Most of my shopping was done at Amazon, Carter's, Oshkosh, Macy's, JC Penney, Boscov's, and Kohl's. I bought lots of Christmas gifts, and a few things for me. I bought myself a couple of other things too: The Lands' End website had a long version of their Squall Parka. I'd seen it in their catalog for $219 and resisted. But there it was (and here it is) on their website for $109! I have two Squall Parkas, but they are 18 years old! I ordered the coat in red.

I've been wanting a new phone with a better camera than the one I have, and purposely held off buying one until the weeks before Christmas. This turned out to be a good plan, as the Motorola website briefly offered the Moto G7 Plus (normally $250) for $119 and I happened to see it. It's no longer on their website, but here's the phone selling at B&H Photo. So I've been having fun this week, and I'm sure my mailman and UPS guy will be thrilled too. LOL

What bargains have you found?

Comments (15)