SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
debbie1000

Best materials/colors for mid range condo rental bath

debbie1000
3 years ago

I'm having my 1400 square foot 3/2 condo master bath remodeled. It has been a rental for many years. I want things that are timeless (lol) but will hold up to tenants. It's a mid-range condo near a large college but is a little far for students.

For the shower I'm thinking large light beige porcelain (not ceramic) wall tiles, minimal grout lines and 2x2 matching floor tile. Matching grout instead of contrasting? Should I have a shower niche? Any certain type of grout that is easier to clean and to repel mildew?

There's humidity issues and the fan does not vent outside. I want a fan/light combo to help that. The toilet/shower are separate from the vanity area and is only about 6X7--which is bad if they take a shower with the door closed.

The flooring will stay-medium wood-look porcelain.

The vanity is large in the dressing area. I'm leaning toward shaker instead of flat cabinets (my cabinet guy says they cost less??) So darker cabinet and lighter counter--or vice versa? Quartz or granite top?

And lastly, brushed nickel fixtures?

I want things that are clean, simple, reasonably priced but especially ones that will be able to hold up better as a rental.

Thanks!

Comments (4)