SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jturvold

Master Bathroom Tile, take 2 :)

3 years ago

I am re-doing my master bathroom and love the marble look in so many bathrooms on houzz. I am not crazy about the maintenance (or $$$) that comes with real marble so I'm going with a porcelain tile that looks like marble + a real marble tile "picture frame" mosaic in my shower. I picked some tile last week, posted it here and got great feedback that I needed to try again. :) This is my V2 with only the "A" tile from my first attempt.

I am thinking about using the 12X24 tiles on the bathroom floor and shower walls, the smaller squares on the board above the 12X24 tile on the shower floor and either A or B for a 2X5 framed "picture" in the shower.

My favorite is 1 and A separately but I'm not sure they work together because they are both somewhat "unstructured" and maybe too similar. Do you think they work together?

Second question is about finish. The 12x24 in 1 and 2 comes in matte and gloss. I like matte for the bathroom floor but the squares (and bricks on the top of the board) only come in gloss. Is it OK to have matte 12X24 tiles on the bathroom floor and have the shower all gloss (same 12X24 tiles)?

Lastly, should I frame A or B in the same light color marble pencil tile, or use a darker grey color pencil tile to help it stand out? Really appreciate your thoughts!

Comments (21)