SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hanzliks_hanzlik

How much weight

sal 60 Hanzlik
3 years ago

have you gained or lost d staying home? I've lost 15 lbs.

Comments (33)

• hallngarden
    3 years ago
    last modified: 3 years ago

I lost 6 pounds by logging my food each day. Normal weight and healthy weight is around 100-106 , have weighed the same since 15 , but it seems to have shifted around my body. Hubs and I are very health conscious. Being 82 with our only grands being 12 and 11 , we have to stay “young”. So around 100 is very healthy for me. I am 5 feet tall, Have logged my food for around 60 years. Main reason when I would have an off day , would look back to food I had eaten the day before. It goes back to my parents instilling healthy food patterns when we were growing up. We were farmers and growing and raising what you ate made the food more appealing. No matter your height or your weight, if you feel good; and are active , you have won the game.

• bpath
    3 years ago

I gained 4 pounds. The fitness center closed, and I needed more than walking. And I need the motivation of scheduling and going with a friend.

• foodonastump
    3 years ago

At first I lost weight because I was afraid of food shortages, kept thinking anything I ate was one less thing for my family. Once food supplies stabilized a bit I just used the opportunity to continue a diet. At the max I was down about 25 pounds but I’ve fattened up again. Net-net I’m holding pretty steady at down about 12, but I plan to work on that more. AFTER today!

• tvq1
    3 years ago

Almost (but not quite) embarrassing to say: I've lost 78 lbs! I've struggled with my weight for many years, and have lost/gained more pounds than I care to admit. This time, I was determined to lose weight and get fit so I would have a good result from my total knee replacement that WAS scheduled for Nov. 16th. Our local hospital cancelled all elective surgeries until further notice--I'm in a holding pattern now.

• marilyn_c
    3 years ago

I haven't weighed since my mammogram last January, and tho my clothes still fit, I am sure I have gained weight. I would guess about 10 lb. It has nothing to do with the virus or staying home in my case. My life hasn't changed because of the virus, but because I am cooking a whole lot more. Anything Jody asks for, I cook. And I end up eating more.

• foodonastump
    3 years ago

That’s impressive, tvq1! Good for you! Following any specific diet or just eating sensibly?

• sleeperblues
    3 years ago

Wow, tvq1, congrats!! I fattened up a little over the pandemic but entered a weight loss challenge at work and came in second. I lost 20#, and won 250.00! Now to keep it off.

• Judy Good
    3 years ago

I have stayed about the same.

• yeonassky
    3 years ago

I have maintained the same weight. I would love love love to lose the last 25 lbs but every time I try my whole system rejects it the idea. I have to maintain a certain calorie content so my blood sugar stays even.

• Ninapearl
    3 years ago

i worked my butt off (literally!) to drop 50# about a year and a half ago. i don't keep anything in the house that could possibly temp me (easy, since i live alone) so it hasn't been a problem to keep it off. i bagged up all of my "fat clothes" and took everything to goodwill and since i hate to shop, i'm very careful about what i eat.

at my heaviest (on the left), 3.5 years ago at my grandson's final adoption hearing...

and now...

:)

• nicole___
    3 years ago

tvq1...congrats! Nice!

Ninapearl.....also good to hear. LOVE your doggies!

I cut back & lost 6 lbs...then....guessing I gained it back. I haven't weighted in.

• Zalco/bring back Sophie!
    3 years ago

Congrats to all who lost. I think it's a Herculean task to shed weight when cooped up at home. I gained about 10 pounds.

• terezosa / terriks
    3 years ago

I gained about 4 pounds, but lost it by doing intermittent fasting. I only eat between noon and 8pm. I haven't been restricting what I eat during those hours at all, but usually it's just two meals a day, and maybe a small snack.

• wildchild2x2
    3 years ago

Lost 25 pounds. Not from staying home but from all the extra riding and horse stuff. My upper body strength is the best it's been in years too. I'll be spending about 2 hours in the saddle this morning. :-)

• stacey_mb
    3 years ago

My weight has stayed pretty well the same, but considering my love of all things sugary, I have to be very vigilant. I weigh myself every day and record it on an Excel spreadsheet. Last year I reached my goal of losing 40 pounds (thank you, Weight Watchers!) and it feels wonderful to fit into my former wardrobe. I gave all my larger sized clothes away because I didn't want any doors left open to go back there.

• woodnymph2_gw
    3 years ago

I went from 108 down to 101 since the beginning of Covid in March. I suspect some of it may be loss of muscle mass, due to not being able to walk as much due to a bad back over the summer. I was sure I had gained, since I have been cooking up a storm, trying new recipes, etc. since Covid began. I was surprised!

• morz8 - Washington Coast
    3 years ago

I don't weigh regularly, but did about a month ago and was disappointed to see I had lost. Always a little bit of an issue with me - I do the opposite of stress eating and just don't really think of food. We're having a good dinner every night but I don't pay enough attention to nutrition during the day. I feel a little low on energy too these last couple of months, am trying again to focus a bit more on calories and healthy 'fuel', trying to put at least 5 pounds on by years end and 8 would be even better.

• samkarenorkaren
    3 years ago

I've lost 12 so far

• foodonastump
    3 years ago

Ninapearl - I think I see ten leashes; where are the other eight dogs? ;)

• nickel_kg
    3 years ago

I've stayed about the same, which is about 10 pounds lighter than most of my adult life. DH and I lost those troublesome final pounds by restricting ourselves to 500 calories two days per week (the "5:2" diet). Now that we're at a comfortable weight, we maintain by having either one strict 500-calorie day/week, or more usually, two moderate days of about 800 calories.

• caflowerluver
    3 years ago

I have lost around 25 lbs. Not really trying to lose weight, just don't seem to have an appetite anymore.

• glenda_al
    3 years ago

last weight was 15 lbs gone

• ravencajun Zone 8b TX
    3 years ago

Since January I have lost 75 lbs.

• Rose Pekelnicky
    3 years ago

Not much change for me. I did lose 4 to 5 pounds over the summer but that's normal for me. It's harder for me to breathe when it's hot and humid. I only weigh 110 lbs

• Jasdip
    3 years ago

Wow, I'm so impressed with the weight losses.

I've gained. Even though I walk almost every day, through the trails, and around the neighbourhoods. Yesterday I went out twice.

I really miss my group exercise classes since they've been cancelled.

• satine100
    3 years ago

To all you who say you have lost weight don't worry because I found it. It is with me now safe and feeling at home.

• maifleur03
    3 years ago

I have lost and gained about the same amount. I normally fluctuate about 2-4 pounds from night and morning. However my body and facial shape has changed. The face has sagged and developed many more wrinkles. I took a picture of me in my mask the day I voted. My upper face is very youthful. It is my lower face that has the massive wrinkles. My legs are smaller but my arms are much bigger around.

• bengardening
    3 years ago

since February i have lost 54 pounds

• Ninapearl
    3 years ago

Ninapearl - I think I see ten leashes; where are the other eight dogs? ;)

that's my memorial display. those are all collars/leashes from my departed dogs. 2 corgis, 1 husky and 7 great danes. :)

• functionthenlook
    3 years ago

Lol weight loss. Funny. Dinner tonight used 3 1/4 pounds of butter.

• OutsidePlaying
    3 years ago

Tvq1 and Ninapearl congratulations on your successful weight loss.

I have lost 6-7 pounds and hope to keep at this weight. I had let a few pounds creep up and it was just over my comfort zone so I am happy to get my weight back down. It sure is harder to do as we get older.

We won’t count today. I’ll have to fast this weekend.

• lucillle
    3 years ago

NinaPearl congrats to you and everyone else who lost. I love your dogs.

• nhbaskets
    3 years ago

I started Noom in January. So glad I did, as I’m sure I would have gained. Instead, I’ve lost 40 lbs. More than half way go my goal. Feeling much better and enjoying cooking.