SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
psyohe

Any problems about this roofing repair estimate?

Peke
3 years ago

I have two problems that I need to make sure are done correctly on my roof. I don't know if any part of the repairs have been left off the estimate. I need someone to see if the labor and materials are to code.

1. An old furnace pipe was never removed. It is leaking so it needs removed and the roof repaired.

2. A new pipe needs to be installed through the roof. We found a 2" sink waste pipe that went into the attic and stopped. That needs to vented out through the roof.

The estimate details...

• Labor- remove old heater furnace (pipe only)
  • Install GAF Ice and Water (install where old furnace pipe is removed and around new pipe flashing that is to be cut into roof)
  • install 1x6x8, 1x8x8 decking to repair hole where heater is currently installed
  • Fasteners- 2.5" decking screws to install the new deck boards
  • Install 1.25" hand drive roofing nails (Grip-Rite 11-Gauge Electro-Galvanized Steel Roofing Nails (1-lb)
  • Labor- locate 2" pipe vent in attic and cut hole in decking to extend pipe and install pipe flashing
  • Install 2" pipe flashing neoprene
  • Labor install 2" PVC pipe (10')
  • Labor install 2" PVC pipe couplers
  • Labor PVC Pipe Cement and Primer 8-fl oz PVC Cement and Primer
  • Install Roofing clear sealant (reseal all existing pipe flashings and exposed fasteners.
  • Install Roofing cement sealant
  • Install GAF Timberline Lifetime Architectural Shingles High Definition (2 bundles of WW)
  • Remove Dispose of debris resulting from job

I know the company has a roofing license because I checked them out when they installed a new roof for me in 2013. I am a little hesitant to trust anyone after all of the problems I have had.

Does this look like everything was included? Does two bundles of shingles sound right for the two holes? It sounds like a lot of shingles to me. Does it have the right waterproofing? I am not concerned about the price, but I don't want surprises when it comes time to pay the company. This is Oklahoma so things are cheaper here, but I know many pros would not work for that amount ($993.00) in other states.

If there were any hidden surprises, what would they be? The leak is above the hall closet, but it has not dripped on the drywall ceiling yet. It must be a new leak even though the old heater was removed in 2012 before they put the new roof on. I guess no one noticed that it was not connected to anything when they installed the new roof.

Thanks for any advice.

Comments (14)