SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sam_abrams89

Did my roof repair cause this internal damage?

Sam Abrams
3 years ago
last modified: 3 years ago

We had our roof entirely replaced (wood boards included) earlier this week over 2 days and are quite sure the roof crew caused a ton of internal damage (despite never stepping inside our house). The house is 32 years old but to our knowledge the ceilings were completely replaced some time recently from popcorn to drywall. The work crew seemed to be wreckless with slamming materials (i assume the shingle bundles) on the roof frame, leaving our house rattling quite loud many times. Our neighbors (in an unattached house) also commented on the noise and vibrations they experienced. The roofing company is sending somebody on Tuesday to inspect our damage claims, of which there are many. Although there is very obvious damage that was their fault (like drywall damage to where they replaced our skylight), one of the biggest issues throughout the house are a ton of nail pops in the ceiling drywall on the second floor with bubble shapes (golf ball sized impressions) across the ceiling in many places, in a straight line. I am positive the actual nail pops were not there when we bought the house in October 2020, and I'm very confident the bubble shapes weren't either. The thing is, I have noticed these bubble shapes throughout the entire house (main level and even basement) and am starting to second guess if somehow we never noticed these, and what feedback to expect from the roofing company. Is it possible that a violent roof job created so much stress on the structure to cause these issues, even in the basement?

Comments (14)