Has anyone had a salty

sal 60 Hanzlik
  • mouth? I've had one going on a month, It' like I have salt in my mouth and I can not taste food. I called my doctor after 3 weeks and with Covid they are so busy. The nurse called back and my doctor said to cut down on salt and drink lots of water and if it doesn't go away call back in a week. After doing a search I had already started that. We don't use much salt anyway. The only thing different that I have noticed is that I have to blow my nose which I never have done unless with a cold. I'm just wondering if anyone else has had this? I'll be calling the doctor back this Thursday. Thanks
SaveComment13Like
Comments (13)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
marilyn_c

I've never had anything like that. I hope it is nothing serious.

Save    
sal 60 Hanzlik

So do I. I am thinking it must not be serious or the doctor would have ordered some tests??

1 Like Save    
Lukki Irish

I would guess that it is sinus related if your having to blow your nose. This is the time of the year for sinus infections and post nasal drip.

Save    
sal 60 Hanzlik

I did take an over the counter pill for sinus but no results.

Save    
maifleur03

I have it periodically with nothing suggested other than cutting down salt or that I cut something in my mouth that was taking time to heal. Since at that time I was rarely using any salt the first one was out.

It may be that you have had this for a while and are just now noticing. There are certain foods such as things with vinegar that can leave a salty taste so make a list of what you are eating while you increase your water.

Save    
morz8

Any hints at all of acid reflux, discomfort as in might be found with heart burn? That might leave what some might describe as salty.

Save    
HamiltonGardener

You can’t taste food and you keep having to blow your nose...

Not ringing bells?

1 Like Save    
sal 60 Hanzlik

thanks everyone. I'll let you know if I find anything out.

Save    
nicole___

Sal....go get a free covid test. In 4 days you'll know if you've got it.

1 Like Save    
yeonassky

The page below from health line talks about salty mouth and all the things to look for. They do mention post nasal drip and sinus infection. If it is a sinus infection maybe your doctor can give you something for it.

Your doctor did not advise you to go get covid tested? If you are unsure whether you have it or not you could start with being tested for Covid to eliminate that.

https://www.healthline.com/health/dental-and-oral-health/salty-taste-in-mouth#postnasal-drip

Save    
nickel_kg

Sal, I've never heard of such a thing so thank you for posting, so we can all be educated. Best wishes for a good resolution of your symptoms, and hope the doctors can shed some light on the cause.

1 Like Save    
Judy Good

Sounds like a sinus problem to me. I have had that before. Maybe an infection or allergies? I never allergies until I was 45 years old, now I have them every year.

Save    
sal 60 Hanzlik

I don't think it's Covid as I've had it going on a month and otherwise I feel fine. Just a strong constant salt taste.

1 Like Save    
Browse Gardening and Landscaping Stories on Houzz See all Stories
Kids’ Spaces Who Says a Dining Room Has to Be a Dining Room?
Chucking the builder’s floor plan, a family reassigns rooms to work better for their needs
Full Story
Closets The Cure for Houzz Envy: Closet Touches Anyone Can Do
These easy and inexpensive moves for more space and better organization are right in fashion
Full Story
Houzz TV Houzz TV: This Dream Midcentury Home in a Forest Even Has Its Own Train
Original wood ceilings, a cool layout and, yes, a quarter-scale train persuaded these homeowners to take a chance on a run-down property
Full Story
MW Construction performs all types of construction from design-build to general contracting to construction... Read More
MW Construction performs all types of construction from design-build to general contracting to construction... Read More