SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
emilyzl

Advice needed for Dining room to Bedroom makeover

Emily L
3 years ago

Hello, I would love some styling advice on turning a dining room (being used now as a playroom) into a bedroom. The room is 13'6" x 10'3". It's a fairly dark, north-facing room with lots of greenery outside, and after lots of samples I'm leaning toward BM Woodlawn Blue or SW Rainwashed (taped next to the pine doors). There were two entrances that we are closing off with french doors -- double to the living room and single to the kitchen, which will be trimmed and white. (I know it's weird - we aren't planning to sell the house anytime soon, but we thought french doors would look ok if it needed to go back to being a dining room some day.) The only existing items are a Queen bed, a set of brown-black Hemnes 2-drawer nightstands, and a honey-colored pine dresser (33" wide), and we probably need to buy a wardrobe of some kind. I'd love any ideas you care to offer -- curtains (bought or made), light fixture (wagon wheel? drum?), lamps, rug, bedding (I was thinking plain whites or white and cream?), frames or mirrors or some kind of wall art. Are those sunburst mirrors out of style now?

Here are some photos and some inspiration pics. The wall with the kitchen door has an unbroken line of 95" where I thought the dresser and wardrobe would go. Thank you so much for your time!!

Traditional Bedroom · More Info

Connecticut Estate · More Info

Comments (4)