SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
helaurin93

help choosing cabinetry color stain - 2-tone or all-one-stain?

helaurin93
3 years ago

I have some renderings for a proposed kitchen renovation. We like two different stains - one is a gray (Cadet), and the other a soft white (Cotton).

I'm concerned that if we do everything in Cadet (gray), that it will make the kitchen look smaller/darker (it's going to be roughly 13'x20'). But I'm concerned if we do all in white (Cotton), that it's going to show dust, scratches etc more readily (it's got to survive a teenager who likes to cook and is not neat when cooking, 5 cats, 2 dogs, and a revolving door of foster animals from the shelter). So we are considering possibly doing the bases in Cadet (gray) and the uppers in white (Cotton) or other combinations if they make sense. Cadet is slightly less expensive than Cotton, as they are on different woods. Cadet is only on Poplar, and Cotton is only on Alder.

I know these are just renderings - but what do people think? Is two-tone a trend that we'll be regretting? Will it look like we did half the kitchen and then decided to do the other half?

Attaching renderings, and a photo I found of a kitchen done in the Cadet gray stain.

All Cadet Gray, view 1

Island base only in Cadet, all Perimeter in Cotton

All Base in Cadet, All Upper in Cotton

Island, bench and bases in Cadet gray, Uppers in Cotton

All cabinets in Cadet gray, view 2

Island and bench in Cadet gray, perimeter in Cotton white

Photo of Cadet gray kitchen found on another website - and yes, I have very similar oak hardwood flooring, but not as much natural light.

Thoughts?

Comments (11)