SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
always1stepbehind

Do you think this inspiration pic is dated? Kitchen refresh idea

My kitchen, bottom pic..ugly orange oak cabinets. It's pretty much the same except there is a boob like where the ceiling fan is, no wall phone and no trash cans out. Orangey oak cabs with greenish/black faux granite looking laminate countertops...I know, funky.

I'd love to get new cabinets, new countertops and backsplash, sink, faucet...but my wallet says "hold on sister". I have a new range and microhood coming soon (stainless) and all I can think of his how really crappy everything will look once it's installed. I want to at least get the cabinets stained a little darker to get rid of the orange before they are installed. Then the next step would be countertops and backsplash/sink/faucet.

My options is staining cabinets or painting the cabinets black or white. I've googled/pinterest to get

ideas, see what looks I like etc. Black cabinets, light countertops, white cabinets, light or black countertops. So I'm at staining my oak cabinet to get rid of the orange and then new countertop and backsplash, sink/faucet.

I'm liking this look in terms of working the cabinets I have. But I sorta of get stuck on, would I want to to do the next step and put new countertops on cabinets that I would like to replace down the road. But it would be a ways down the road before I could do new cabinets.

If I go with refreshing my cabs and updating countertop/backsplash, do you think this look is already dated?

Comments (16)