Houzz Logo Print
hanzliks_hanzlik

Glenda, I hope you are feeling better

5 years ago

When I get depressed I find reading a good book helps, This Covid 19 is enough to get anyone depressed. You are in my thoughts.

Comments (52)

  • 5 years ago

    I hope you feel better Glenda.

  • 5 years ago

    Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers, Glenda.

  • Related Discussions

    Glenda, feeling any better yet?

    Q

    Comments (4)
    Gal in in our group came in with it the first of the cruise. I thought mine was just gonna be a cold, which started Wed, but by Saturday nite going to bed, I was sick with the flu the nausea, upset stomach, hurt hurt hurt all over my body. Yes, I was lucky, I didn't get the whole thing until I was ready to come home. Feeling much much better, and friend is bringing me homemade chicken soup. and YES, I was with 20 of the greatest gals and guys, a fun group! Most enjoyable trip, and we are going on the Royal Caribbean this time next year. Moni, btw, how is the list making coming along?
    ...See More

    I hope you feel better BullDinkie

    Q

    Comments (9)
    I feel better today,but I also have dialysis today sooooooo its never ending it seems.It seems theres soo many here with health problems. Thank you for thinking of me. I amnot on the list yet.But if a family member or someone else were to donate a kidney I could have transplant now.No one in Immediate family can donate.So I wait.The dr said if no family member donates its a 3-4 year wait for a kidney,just not sure I can wait 3-4 years,Im having anxiety attacks at dialysis now.I lose my breathe and they need to put oxygen on.Its tough.Ive been there now it will be 9 mo.
    ...See More

    Venting and Ranting... now i feel much better.

    Q

    Comments (5)
    check out your contract as well, because most building agreements have a completion clause or penalties for being late. perhaps this is something that could motivate them to coordinate with you? i don't mean that you should threaten them-- i understand that you don't want to take action against the builder, and that is admirable-- esp because he is ill right now. but it is always important for both sides to have their situation understood. you never know what kind of compromises can be made...even when it seems like everything is a done deal. it sounds like a challenging situation all the way around and you are doing your best to get through it one day at a time. in the end, you will be in your home and all of this will eventually fade...replaced with loving memories you've made in your home. new construction is tough on the psyche without all of the extra stuff you're going through. hang in there! it's almost over.
    ...See More

    Spent the afternoon at the ER, and I'm home now!

    Q

    Comments (69)
    I've bounced back, kinda sorta. Frame of mine is much better. Told friend it must have been a bug, but she said NO! Too many issues to be resolved. Will see. Thanks ya'll, your support sure helped, plus KT'ers that called me, plus emails. Made me feel special!
    ...See More
  • 5 years ago

    Feeling blue once in a while is normal. Talking to a doctor is common sense, if those feelings begin to impact your mental and/or physical health. Glenda, you seem eminently sensible to me, so I won't "worry" about you, but I do care about you! I hope you can get out and enjoy some fresh air and sunshine today :-)

  • 5 years ago

    Glenda, hope today is a great day for you. I thank you for all your wisdom. I have learned so much from you. I am proof that you are never too old to learn. I am 82 and you are still the young chick. We are so blest to be surrounded by this caring group. Many work hard in this group to help keep our minds sharp. I won’t call names, but each of you that share so lovingly know who you are. First order of my day is going to simple thread that one member starts each day for us. So Glenda, I thank you for being Glenda, and thanks to all of our “care givers”. Keep on keeping on. As my older friend tells me, “we got this”

  • 5 years ago

    Glenda, I hope you feel better soon. You do not strike me as someone who likes being isolated. Do try to find some way to get outside, fresh air is such a tonic. And remember, between prayer and virtual friends, you have a lot of people pulling for you.

  • 5 years ago

    While the pandemic has affected all of us to some degree, I think it's more than that. I was breezing along just fine, playing 18 holes of golf 3 -4 times a week and then a few years ago I had two bouts of health issues that landed me in the hospital, twice in two weeks. Every golf season after that was to be my comeback year, but every season some other health "issue" popped up. Now, at 83 I'm starting to accept it is not to be. I still go out and do what I can with friends but age has definitely taken its toll. So, Glenda, I very much understand where you're coming from.......no more hang gliding. :-))))

    Have yourself a cup of hot chocolate and keep on keeping on!

  • 5 years ago
    last modified: 5 years ago

    Thanks everyone for all your special thoughts.

    My health has taken a toll on me. I am no longer able to get around without assistance, have a caretaker than comes whenever I need her and does shopping for me.

    Meds put me down and all I wanted to do was sleep, so doctor took me off of them.

    Just living day to day.

    Even gave up my beloved water aerobics.



  • 5 years ago

    (((Glenda)))

  • 5 years ago

    Thinking of you...

  • 5 years ago

    Also thinking of you...

  • 5 years ago

    I’m newish here, but I’ve been here long enough to see your comments. You’re the kind of person that keeps me coming back. This has been a tough year in so many different ways it’s enough to make your head spin. Sounds like you’ve had plenty to deal with on a personal level.

    I think it’s normal to be having a rough time these days if you’re a thinking and feeling person.

    Take extra good care of yourself. I hope you feel the love coming your way from these comments. Hang in there Glenda!

  • 5 years ago

    Praying that you bounce back to your active life as soon as you can, meds can cause havoc as you know. I'm praying for you and sending love.


  • 5 years ago

    Glenda(((((HUGS))) so sorry to hear this but maybe with the drugs discontinued you will bounce back. Perhaps the reason you are having problems getting around cuz your drugged, Hope so. I am a year older than you and always admired the active life you lived. In my thoughts.

  • 5 years ago

    Wishing for happiness and peace to replace the depression and improved health.

  • 5 years ago

    I feel ya! This year has been the pits! I'm thinking something has to take the place of water aerobics....? What new hobby are you considering?

  • 5 years ago

    During these very gloomy times, I found I needed to read something to lift my spirits and I found it in Dave Barry. I read Dave Barry Talks Back and not only did it lift my spirits, I laughed out loud while reading it.

    Take care, Glenda, and I hope happier days come back to you very soon.

  • 5 years ago

    Been going to physical therapy for quite a while for different problems, and hasn't helped. Shots, Monday, for shoulder and neck problems, plus right hip.


    Need to get to gym and use the machines, but right that takes A LOT of effort. Had a ramp installed to get up and down condo steps, but problems with HOA involved taking ramp down and a fine of $250. Lawyer now involved as the condo does not meet ADA standards.


    Thanks

  • 5 years ago
    last modified: 5 years ago

    Re: Meds. I felt depressed a few weeks after taking the prescribed abount of a beta blocker this summer. Halving the Metoprolol fixed that for me -- with the MD's approval.

    For reading with humor and a heart, I prescribe Australian author Graeme Simsion's "The Rosie Project" and "The Rosie Effect". (There's a third, but I haven't read it.)

    Glenda, is surgery an option for the hip? Seems the shots and PT are not helping. How's your oxygen level? I hear you about shoulder and neck. Sometimes a different pillow helps. Is your bed supportive?

  • 5 years ago

    Laughter is the best medicine :-)

  • 5 years ago

    Glenda, I am so sorry, You’re in my thoughts, hoping for healing.

  • 5 years ago

    Oh man Glenda, you have a lot going on, on top of the world turning upside down with this virus crap. I hope you can get the hoa mess resolved.

    I really hope the shots help this time. do you have room in your condo for any exercise equipment? Something compact that you can use to help build your strength? I am praying that you get relief and you find some happiness and peace. We all need that.


  • 5 years ago

    I'm sorry you're having a tough time, Glenda; I hadn't realized that. I do think meds are responsible for a lot of depression in this country--I saw what they did to my otherwise cheerful mom.

    Chisue, Metoprolol is a beta blocker. Do you mean the doc changed the dosage? I feel that it's had an effect on my energy level, for sure.

  • 5 years ago

    Glenda, I am so sorry for all your health troubles, including the ones with your HOA! I must have missed your initial post. Just wanted to let you know I’m thinking of you and wish you the best!

  • 5 years ago

    Glenda, I'm sorry to hear you are feeling so poorly. I pray for your recovery.

  • 5 years ago

    Glenda - that's shameful about the HOA. Makes my blood boil. I'm hoping your lawyer prevails.

  • 5 years ago

    Darn! I'm sorry you have so much on your plate right now. (((Hugs!)))

  • 5 years ago

    Glenda, so sorry to hear things are tough for you right now. I think everything is made even a little harder when you are in pain including pulling out of a funk. I hope the docs can find something to give you some relief. Thinking of you.

  • 5 years ago

    Glenda, I had shoulder and neck problems. Actually hated going to bed at night because I knew I would ache all over in the morning. I hate to admit it (because we so hate the commercial) but out of desperation, I bought a My Pillow. I know you've had some serious shoulder problems but I would highly recommend a My Pillow. It took a week or two, but I no longer wake up aching all over. It's certainly worth a try. DH hates the commercial more than I and every time it would come on, he would scream "turn the channel, fast forward" get that off. LOL He had knee surgery a year ago March. He was complaining about his neck so I bought him a pillow. About six months after, he paused on his way to bed and said, "you buy a lot of things but I have to tell you, there are two things you bought that I love, love, love. My refrigerator, and my pillow! My son was visiting last summer and he too was complaining about his neck. Since it was his birthday, I took him out and bought him a My Pillow. He complained at first, said he wished it was a little higher. I told him to give it a few weeks and whatever he does, do not put another pillow under it. Months went by, he never said anything so I finally remembered to ask him how he liked his pillow. His response, I bought one for Stacy. (he liked it so much and his SO was complaining about her neck.) She, too loves it and no more neck problems. Just saying.

  • 5 years ago

    Glenda, I am sorry I have not been paying closer attention, so I did not know you were having challenges. You have always been the sunshine in this group. I hope,things turn around for you. Right now I am mad at your HOA for not allowing the tamp. Wait until it’s their turn!

    I have rotator cuff problems now and wowza does that hurt. I sympathize with your pain.

  • 5 years ago

    Very sorry glenda. I have been through depression and anxiety many time. It stinks.


  • 5 years ago

    @sjerin -- Yes, the cardiologist originally prescribed half of a 25 MG Metoprolol twice a day. I was dragging and feeling blue. He OK'd taking 12.5 once a day.

    Now...I need to explain that the extensive vomiting event that sent me to the ER July 4 was a stomach, not a heart, problem -- confirmed by an angiogram. The Metoprolol is a precaution; it replaces the minimal Lisinopril I'd been taking. The stomach problem is probably the result of taking Dexamethasone for two years -- part of my treatment for blood cancer. My oncologist said she'd been wrong not to prescribe Prilosec. Since starting on it, I've been fine -- even gained a couple of pounds.

    @georgiesmom2 -- Thanks for the tip about (that darn) pillow! We have new Twin XL latex and springs mattresses (making up a King), and I think we need new pillows too.

    Please excuse the interruption to the thread.

  • 5 years ago

    (Hugs) Glenda.... feel better soon/

  • 5 years ago

    Glenda....I'm so sorry your not feeling well.

    The HOA is going to lose that fight. ADA compliant is a must! It's sad that there has to be a fight. 2020 has just been a really bad year for everyone.

  • 5 years ago

    P.S. You can get the My Pillow at BB&B.......also talked my hairdresser into one two years ago at Christmas. She was complaining about upper back and neck problems. She's only in her 30's. I had given her some money for Christmas so I ran out to the car, got her a BB&B coupon and told her to take some of that money and go across the street to BB&B and buy herself a pillow. She did and loves it......They should put me on their payroll! :-))))

  • 5 years ago

    Hang in there Glenda....

  • 5 years ago

    Nothing but good thoughts and prayers that you will feel better soon.

  • 5 years ago

  • 5 years ago

    Thinking of you Glenda and hoping you feel better soon.

  • 5 years ago

    Glenda,

    I am thinking and praying for you. Hang in there and I'm sure you know you have lots of support here at the KT.

  • 5 years ago

    Sending good thoughts and hopes that the issues improve soon, and offering some prayers for your full recovery.

    (((((glenda)))))

  • 5 years ago
    last modified: 5 years ago

    Please post or PM with specific needs so we can help, if you need calls made, legal stuff, etc. All of us are sending hugs and supportive thoughts.

  • 5 years ago

    Sorry you are going thru a rough patch. I sure hope things improve. I’ve always enjoyed reading about your travels with PJR, your pool pics, menus for parties, and recipes. I wonder if a second opinion from a different dr and different physical therapy routine would help.

  • 5 years ago

    Glenda, we are close to the same age, and you have always been an inspiration for me. Often, when I am feeling pitiful about my backache, I think of you up in the air parasailing - and I snap out of it! You have been a great member of this forum, both dependable and feisty, and with some wonderful recipes as well!

    This is not an easy time for seniors, especially if we are dependent on other people. It's difficult to accept the loss of independence. So I am praying for you and am hoping that you will soon be feeling much better!

    Sable

  • 5 years ago

    Glenda, keeping you in my prayers.

  • 5 years ago
    last modified: 5 years ago

    Glenda so sorry you have been struggling! It is tough to move to different phases of our lives. I find it helpful to look around for something I can enjoy in a new phase of my life.

    It might take a while for you to grieve for the old things though.

    I hope you find joy in a new way. Wishing you all the best keeping you in my thoughts and sending you good thoughts.

  • 5 years ago

    You have my prayers Glenda. Are you able to see your son, daughter in law, grandson? Even if it's by FaceTime, zoom, skype or some other video calling.

  • 5 years ago

    Glenda sorry to hear about your problems. Sending up prayers for relief from pain.

  • 5 years ago

    I wish you speedy pain relief and mobility improvement. There's nothing worse than feeling lousy and trapped because of it.

  • 5 years ago

    I'm so sorry, Glenda. There comes a time that injections and PT just can't help anymore. I expect that surgeries seem absolutely formidable to you. My husband had a hip replacement and the recovery was amazingly swift. Everyone we talked to who had had a replacement said the same thing.

    I had rotator cuff repair surgery rather than replacement and wish that I had just gone ahead with the latter. But what a relief to be pain free. I wish the same for you.

    Please keep you KT informed, we care.

    I hate to admit it, but we are also a My Pillow family, too. We both sleep through the night with those pillows and stiff necks and sore shoulders are no longer problems for either of us.


  • 5 years ago

    Prayers and thoughts to you Glenda. I hope you get to feeling more yourself soon.

Sponsored
High Point Cabinets
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars21 Reviews
Columbus' Experienced Custom Cabinet Builder | 4x Best of Houzz Winner