SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hanzliks_hanzlik

Glenda, I hope you are feeling better

sal 60 Hanzlik
3 years ago

When I get depressed I find reading a good book helps, This Covid 19 is enough to get anyone depressed. You are in my thoughts.

Comments (52)

• lucillle
    3 years ago

I hope you feel better Glenda.

• lindaohnowga
    3 years ago

Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers, Glenda.

• Related Discussions

Pagan, I hope you're getting better.

Q

Comments (8)
    Yes, it's so good to hear that Florence did well, and Pagan has been in my thoughts too! Mend well, sweety!!! I'm still crossing all fingers and toes etc for you and it's very hard to drive like that ;) Take care :)
    ...See More

Pat, I hope you're feeling a lot better REAL soon!

Q

Comments (15)
    Maybe it's 'Black and Blue', Pat? Or maybe 'Victoria' (a.k.a. 'Victoria Blue')? My officinalis has never bloomed for me, but maybe this is the year! :) Geez, you must have really messed up your knee Westelle! What happened?! (I have 2 bad knees, so I feel your pain! :D) Not sure about cutting back the butterfly bush now, Leslie. I usually whack mine back to 18" in late winter/early spring. My pansies are pretty thrashed, too. Farewell, happy darlings! I'm excited about planting some more Portulaca this year, since mine don't reliably reseed. Talk about a happy plant, especially in full, hot sun with little water! The last few days I've planted a Berberis thunbergii 'Crimson Pygmy' (Japanese barberry), Callistemon viminalis 'Little John' (weeping bottlebrush), Calylophus 'Southern Belle' (sundrops), and Caryopteris x clandonensis 'Dark Knight' (blue mist). Today, I need to get a couple more things in the ground - Coreopsis grandiflora 'Early Sunrise' and Juniperus sabina 'Buffalo'. Then I'll only have about 8 or 9 more to deal with. LOL I love getting my nails dirty, though! Most of the Salvias you'll find at Lowes will do great in full sun, I think. I'm hoping they get some 'Black and Blue' soon, so Mom can pick one up! She always leaves drool trails on mine when she visits. LOL Brenda
    ...See More

Feeling awkard? This will make you feel better

Q

Comments (3)
    It troubles me to see people fall, but it's certainly no surprise with their exaggerated way of walking and the dangerous shoes. Models probably fall more often than most people. Hilarious, not really!
    ...See More

Where in the world is Miss Glenda?

Q

Comments (12)
    Glenda, I know you didn't ask for advice, but I admire you too much not to give it. Have you tried one of the lights that mimics sunlight? (I forget the name of it.) Otherwise, please see a doctor if your depression doesn't lift soon. There's absolutely no shame in that and we all hate to think of you being down for any length of time. Do you remember when one of the older Sixty Minutes guys--Mike Wallace, I think-- was interviewed about his depression? It came out of nowhere and wouldn't leave him; treatment helped a lot. I hope you feel better very soon. Erin
    ...See More
  • nickel_kg
    3 years ago

Feeling blue once in a while is normal. Talking to a doctor is common sense, if those feelings begin to impact your mental and/or physical health. Glenda, you seem eminently sensible to me, so I won't "worry" about you, but I do care about you! I hope you can get out and enjoy some fresh air and sunshine today :-)

• hallngarden
    3 years ago

Glenda, hope today is a great day for you. I thank you for all your wisdom. I have learned so much from you. I am proof that you are never too old to learn. I am 82 and you are still the young chick. We are so blest to be surrounded by this caring group. Many work hard in this group to help keep our minds sharp. I won’t call names, but each of you that share so lovingly know who you are. First order of my day is going to simple thread that one member starts each day for us. So Glenda, I thank you for being Glenda, and thanks to all of our “care givers”. Keep on keeping on. As my older friend tells me, “we got this”

• Zalco/bring back Sophie!
    3 years ago

Glenda, I hope you feel better soon. You do not strike me as someone who likes being isolated. Do try to find some way to get outside, fresh air is such a tonic. And remember, between prayer and virtual friends, you have a lot of people pulling for you.

• georgysmom2
    3 years ago

While the pandemic has affected all of us to some degree, I think it's more than that. I was breezing along just fine, playing 18 holes of golf 3 -4 times a week and then a few years ago I had two bouts of health issues that landed me in the hospital, twice in two weeks. Every golf season after that was to be my comeback year, but every season some other health "issue" popped up. Now, at 83 I'm starting to accept it is not to be. I still go out and do what I can with friends but age has definitely taken its toll. So, Glenda, I very much understand where you're coming from.......no more hang gliding. :-))))

Have yourself a cup of hot chocolate and keep on keeping on!

• glenda_al
    3 years ago
    last modified: 3 years ago

Thanks everyone for all your special thoughts.

My health has taken a toll on me. I am no longer able to get around without assistance, have a caretaker than comes whenever I need her and does shopping for me.

Meds put me down and all I wanted to do was sleep, so doctor took me off of them.

Just living day to day.

Even gave up my beloved water aerobics.

• Fun2BHere
    3 years ago

(((Glenda)))

• Annie Deighnaugh
    3 years ago

Thinking of you...

• seagrass_gw Cape Cod
    3 years ago

Also thinking of you...

• Michele
    3 years ago

I’m newish here, but I’ve been here long enough to see your comments. You’re the kind of person that keeps me coming back. This has been a tough year in so many different ways it’s enough to make your head spin. Sounds like you’ve had plenty to deal with on a personal level.

I think it’s normal to be having a rough time these days if you’re a thinking and feeling person.

Take extra good care of yourself. I hope you feel the love coming your way from these comments. Hang in there Glenda!

• Yayagal
    3 years ago

Praying that you bounce back to your active life as soon as you can, meds can cause havoc as you know. I'm praying for you and sending love.

• sal 60 Hanzlik
    Original Author
    3 years ago

Glenda(((((HUGS))) so sorry to hear this but maybe with the drugs discontinued you will bounce back. Perhaps the reason you are having problems getting around cuz your drugged, Hope so. I am a year older than you and always admired the active life you lived. In my thoughts.

• ravencajun Zone 8b TX
    3 years ago

Wishing for happiness and peace to replace the depression and improved health.

• nicole___
    3 years ago

I feel ya! This year has been the pits! I'm thinking something has to take the place of water aerobics....? What new hobby are you considering?

• stacey_mb
    3 years ago

During these very gloomy times, I found I needed to read something to lift my spirits and I found it in Dave Barry. I read Dave Barry Talks Back and not only did it lift my spirits, I laughed out loud while reading it.

Take care, Glenda, and I hope happier days come back to you very soon.

• glenda_al
    3 years ago

Been going to physical therapy for quite a while for different problems, and hasn't helped. Shots, Monday, for shoulder and neck problems, plus right hip.

Need to get to gym and use the machines, but right that takes A LOT of effort. Had a ramp installed to get up and down condo steps, but problems with HOA involved taking ramp down and a fine of $250. Lawyer now involved as the condo does not meet ADA standards.

Thanks

• chisue
    3 years ago

Re: Meds. I felt depressed a few weeks after taking the prescribed abount of a beta blocker this summer. Halving the Metoprolol fixed that for me -- with the MD's approval.

For reading with humor and a heart, I prescribe Australian author Graeme Simsion's "The Rosie Project" and "The Rosie Effect". (There's a third, but I haven't read it.)

Glenda, is surgery an option for the hip? Seems the shots and PT are not helping. How's your oxygen level? I hear you about shoulder and neck. Sometimes a different pillow helps. Is your bed supportive?

• nickel_kg
    3 years ago

Laughter is the best medicine :-)

• terilyn
    3 years ago

Glenda, I am so sorry, You’re in my thoughts, hoping for healing.

• katlan
    3 years ago

Oh man Glenda, you have a lot going on, on top of the world turning upside down with this virus crap. I hope you can get the hoa mess resolved.

I really hope the shots help this time. do you have room in your condo for any exercise equipment? Something compact that you can use to help build your strength? I am praying that you get relief and you find some happiness and peace. We all need that.

• sjerin
    3 years ago

I'm sorry you're having a tough time, Glenda; I hadn't realized that. I do think meds are responsible for a lot of depression in this country--I saw what they did to my otherwise cheerful mom.

Chisue, Metoprolol is a beta blocker. Do you mean the doc changed the dosage? I feel that it's had an effect on my energy level, for sure.

• OutsidePlaying
    3 years ago

Glenda, I am so sorry for all your health troubles, including the ones with your HOA! I must have missed your initial post. Just wanted to let you know I’m thinking of you and wish you the best!

• sleeperblues
    3 years ago

Glenda, I'm sorry to hear you are feeling so poorly. I pray for your recovery.

• seagrass_gw Cape Cod
    3 years ago

Glenda - that's shameful about the HOA. Makes my blood boil. I'm hoping your lawyer prevails.

• adellabedella_usa
    3 years ago

Darn! I'm sorry you have so much on your plate right now. (((Hugs!)))

• satine100
    3 years ago

Glenda, so sorry to hear things are tough for you right now. I think everything is made even a little harder when you are in pain including pulling out of a funk. I hope the docs can find something to give you some relief. Thinking of you.

• georgysmom2
    3 years ago

Glenda, I had shoulder and neck problems. Actually hated going to bed at night because I knew I would ache all over in the morning. I hate to admit it (because we so hate the commercial) but out of desperation, I bought a My Pillow. I know you've had some serious shoulder problems but I would highly recommend a My Pillow. It took a week or two, but I no longer wake up aching all over. It's certainly worth a try. DH hates the commercial more than I and every time it would come on, he would scream "turn the channel, fast forward" get that off. LOL He had knee surgery a year ago March. He was complaining about his neck so I bought him a pillow. About six months after, he paused on his way to bed and said, "you buy a lot of things but I have to tell you, there are two things you bought that I love, love, love. My refrigerator, and my pillow! My son was visiting last summer and he too was complaining about his neck. Since it was his birthday, I took him out and bought him a My Pillow. He complained at first, said he wished it was a little higher. I told him to give it a few weeks and whatever he does, do not put another pillow under it. Months went by, he never said anything so I finally remembered to ask him how he liked his pillow. His response, I bought one for Stacy. (he liked it so much and his SO was complaining about her neck.) She, too loves it and no more neck problems. Just saying.

• dedtired
    3 years ago

Glenda, I am sorry I have not been paying closer attention, so I did not know you were having challenges. You have always been the sunshine in this group. I hope,things turn around for you. Right now I am mad at your HOA for not allowing the tamp. Wait until it’s their turn!

I have rotator cuff problems now and wowza does that hurt. I sympathize with your pain.

• Judy Good
    3 years ago

Very sorry glenda. I have been through depression and anxiety many time. It stinks.

• chisue
    3 years ago

@sjerin -- Yes, the cardiologist originally prescribed half of a 25 MG Metoprolol twice a day. I was dragging and feeling blue. He OK'd taking 12.5 once a day.

Now...I need to explain that the extensive vomiting event that sent me to the ER July 4 was a stomach, not a heart, problem -- confirmed by an angiogram. The Metoprolol is a precaution; it replaces the minimal Lisinopril I'd been taking. The stomach problem is probably the result of taking Dexamethasone for two years -- part of my treatment for blood cancer. My oncologist said she'd been wrong not to prescribe Prilosec. Since starting on it, I've been fine -- even gained a couple of pounds.

@georgiesmom2 -- Thanks for the tip about (that darn) pillow! We have new Twin XL latex and springs mattresses (making up a King), and I think we need new pillows too.

Please excuse the interruption to the thread.

• shecar2
    3 years ago

(Hugs) Glenda.... feel better soon/

• nicole___
    3 years ago

Glenda....I'm so sorry your not feeling well.

The HOA is going to lose that fight. ADA compliant is a must! It's sad that there has to be a fight. 2020 has just been a really bad year for everyone.

• georgysmom2
    3 years ago

P.S. You can get the My Pillow at BB&B.......also talked my hairdresser into one two years ago at Christmas. She was complaining about upper back and neck problems. She's only in her 30's. I had given her some money for Christmas so I ran out to the car, got her a BB&B coupon and told her to take some of that money and go across the street to BB&B and buy herself a pillow. She did and loves it......They should put me on their payroll! :-))))

• Ont_Gal
    3 years ago

Hang in there Glenda....

• kathyg_in_mi
    3 years ago

Nothing but good thoughts and prayers that you will feel better soon.

• glenda_al
    3 years ago

• Ladydi Zone 6A NW BC Canada
    3 years ago

Thinking of you Glenda and hoping you feel better soon.

• jewels_ks
    3 years ago

Glenda,

I am thinking and praying for you. Hang in there and I'm sure you know you have lots of support here at the KT.

• joyfulguy
    3 years ago

Sending good thoughts and hopes that the issues improve soon, and offering some prayers for your full recovery.

(((((glenda)))))

• lucillle
    3 years ago

Please post or PM with specific needs so we can help, if you need calls made, legal stuff, etc. All of us are sending hugs and supportive thoughts.

• lisa_fla
    3 years ago

Sorry you are going thru a rough patch. I sure hope things improve. I’ve always enjoyed reading about your travels with PJR, your pool pics, menus for parties, and recipes. I wonder if a second opinion from a different dr and different physical therapy routine would help.

• sable64
    3 years ago

Glenda, we are close to the same age, and you have always been an inspiration for me. Often, when I am feeling pitiful about my backache, I think of you up in the air parasailing - and I snap out of it! You have been a great member of this forum, both dependable and feisty, and with some wonderful recipes as well!

This is not an easy time for seniors, especially if we are dependent on other people. It's difficult to accept the loss of independence. So I am praying for you and am hoping that you will soon be feeling much better!

Sable

• tami_ohio
    3 years ago

Glenda, keeping you in my prayers.

• yeonassky
    3 years ago

Glenda so sorry you have been struggling! It is tough to move to different phases of our lives. I find it helpful to look around for something I can enjoy in a new phase of my life.

It might take a while for you to grieve for the old things though.

I hope you find joy in a new way. Wishing you all the best keeping you in my thoughts and sending you good thoughts.

• katlan
    3 years ago

You have my prayers Glenda. Are you able to see your son, daughter in law, grandson? Even if it's by FaceTime, zoom, skype or some other video calling.

• janey_alabama
    3 years ago

Glenda sorry to hear about your problems. Sending up prayers for relief from pain.

• Elmer J Fudd
    3 years ago

I wish you speedy pain relief and mobility improvement. There's nothing worse than feeling lousy and trapped because of it.

• rhizo_1 (North AL) zone 7
    3 years ago

I'm so sorry, Glenda. There comes a time that injections and PT just can't help anymore. I expect that surgeries seem absolutely formidable to you. My husband had a hip replacement and the recovery was amazingly swift. Everyone we talked to who had had a replacement said the same thing.

I had rotator cuff repair surgery rather than replacement and wish that I had just gone ahead with the latter. But what a relief to be pain free. I wish the same for you.

Please keep you KT informed, we care.

I hate to admit it, but we are also a My Pillow family, too. We both sleep through the night with those pillows and stiff necks and sore shoulders are no longer problems for either of us.

• joann_fl
    3 years ago

Prayers and thoughts to you Glenda. I hope you get to feeling more yourself soon.

Sponsored
M&Z Home Services LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Franklin County's Established Home Remodeling Expert Since 2012